+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Skills Strategy personal reference code issues

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
Hi all,
I am applying for a GSS 2 weeks processing, but I am having the following issue.
When I first log into the govt site I have to go through a questionnaire to get the personal reference code. I go through the answers, selecting that I am applying from outside canada, to work more than 6 months, etc etc, and then towards the end I answer "yes" to the checklist asking whether I belong to one of the categories (which includes skilled workers and researchers under the GSS).
I also check "yes" to the LMIA or work offer number (since I am LMIA exempt and I got the offer number from the employer).
But then I get to the end of the questionnaire and the response is that I don't need a work permit?!
I don't receive a personal reference number so I cannot apply.
I know I do need a permit, so what am I doing wrong in the questionnaire?
Thanks

edit: If I don't answer "yes" to the question including the GSS, I can go ahead and apply for the work permit under LMIA exempt conditions. But will I then get the 2 weeks GSS treatment?

Last edited:

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
Anyone has any leads on this? I am about to apply but I don't see anywhere where I can select that I qualify for the 2 weeks GSS processing.