18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hello,

I am planning to apply for PG diploma in global business management at Centennial college. Can any one please help me on the scope for this course.
What kind of job we will end up in ? This it worth to leave my country and job to pursue this course and in turn settled in Canada.

Thanks for your replies,
Ilaa

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hello,

Can any one help me on this pls ???

ansh3005

Nov 25, 2014
I am also going for the same course Global business management from north island college..one of my friend got job in scotiabank in business service department...

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have applied for one year IBM at centennial but will change into 2 years GBM after visa is approved..previous experience matters as this courses are just a entry path it does not add value to your knowledge morever.

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Is this course a graduate certificate course and not a diploma... What makes the difference between this ??

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
How is the job prospect for this course in the Canadian job market. Can any one throw some light on this.

stilldreaming

Dec 7, 2014
Ilaa,

These courses IBM, GBM are specifically made for international students whose profile does not match any other 'technically oriented' program. However, some students choose this course because the studies are so easy that it gives them sufficient time to pursue part time work, night shift factory work, etc.

I do not know your country or educational background but I have some idea of IBM program at Seneca college, I assume Centennial must be the same. It is just a bunch of useless subjects grouped together to create a money-making program. Some international trade, inter-cultural communication, very basic managerial accounting and some excel, etc.

Almost 100% of the class will be non-Canadian students, mostly students from India (Gujarat, Punjab), a handful of Chinese (who did not succeed in their University entrance exams back in China), etc. There will be a lot of group-work on assignments. Very few people fail. The only new thing you will learn is the anti-plagiarism policy, i.e. do not copy and paste from some place because it will show up in Turnitin.

The GBM is longer in duration and includes more subjects, I have no idea how good it is. I only know about Toronto colleges.

But IBM at least will not fetch you any job, it will just be a way to reach Canada and see the beautiful, clean landscape if you haven't visited there earlier.

Think about it, if you are in your twenties with no significant management experience, how can a 8 month certificate make you 'International Business manager'?

2 year GBM or MBA might be a bit better, gives you more time to understand Canada, Canadian workplace requirements, etc. Also if your previous background is in IT, engineering, it will be easier to get a job.

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
That is just what I had in my mind. Trust me, whatever is mentioned above is 100% true.

How do I know? I am currently enrolled in the 3rd semester at Centennial doing GBM. To me, the program is has not been as enlightening as I expected it to be since I carry 5 years of work experience. However, it can be beneficial to somebody with very little or no work experience.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I wish to pursue Supply chain and Market analytics programs but it is only GBM or IBM which gives you 3 years work permit and you are on safe side.

i have applied visa for IBM but am sure pursuing it wont help me anyway.

Seniors I will ask you once i get visa for further steps...

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

rashidakbar

Jul 12, 2017
Dear all,

I am searching a suitable management program. I have enough work experience in UAE and looking for a management education.

Please suggest if Global Business Management is suitable program now?

Thanks

keshvi

Apr 6, 2016
Hi!
I just received my visa today for GBM course in centennial college for September 2017 intake.
According to my friends in Canada, all you need to do is get your visa approved and step there for classes on time. Once there, the education system there is very flexible and one can either change the course/colleges as per ones decision.

bek.ag

Feb 14, 2018
Hi!
I just received my visa today for GBM course in centennial college for September 2017 intake.
According to my friends in Canada, all you need to do is get your visa approved and step there for classes on time. Once there, the education system there is very flexible and one can either change the course/colleges as per ones decision.
Hi can you shed light on how you got your visa application confirmed with regards to having ties to your home country and how you want to enter the canadian job market. I want to study the same course but i'm scared about the employment prospects because its a graduate certificate not a degree.