+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving you all a genuine advice guys

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
ritvik123 said:
Hi guys,

My name is Ritvik, and like everyone of ull i was excited to come to Canada and build my career, however till now all i can see is disappointment...I have an MBA degree from Mumbai University and have worked in 4 mncs in Mumbai, but still struggling big time to get a job...I graduated from George Brown College this year in International Business Management and it has been 4 months i have been applyng for jobs but trust me guys the situation is soo bad that you dont even get interview calls leave aside getting a job...

There are plenty of jobs in almost all sectors, but i have gauged one thing the employers and job agencies are not interersted in international students as we do not have any canadian work experience..and its not only me none of my batchmates have got a job yet..
I would have applied for at least 500 to 600 jobs (not exaggerating) and i am soo sick and tired now even to apply...

First as i was in George Brown College i applied at lot of places in Toronto, but its next to impossible to get a job in toronto as the market is damn competitive...There are like 100 to 200 ppl applying for 1 job....So i moved to Calgary with some hopes, but its been 1 month and nothings worked out....

All i would like to advice is ifffffffff and only iff ull have a strong financial background ull can gamble coming to Canada...People who are opting to come by taking loans like me its a huge risk u r taking for sure!!!!!!!!

I have seen most of the international students end up working in mcds and pizza huts....It all looks rosy and merry from outside but it sucks when it comes to get a corporate job...

I would recommend to definitely opt for courses which have a coop, atleast ull stand a better chance to get a job...

I wish somebody would have given me this advice when i was in Mumbai last year :(

I am not trying to discourage anyone of ull, but just telling d truth and the actual scenario out here.....

Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!
I assume IT graduates have better chances of getting a job as technology remains same be it in India or Canada or anywhere in the world.
So do you think a person with IT experience in India and a Canadian College Post-Grad degree may land in a decent job in Toronto or anywhere in Canada?

sans44

Feb 11, 2014
ritvik123 said:
Hi guys,

My name is Ritvik, and like everyone of ull i was excited to come to Canada and build my career, however till now all i can see is disappointment...I have an MBA degree from Mumbai University and have worked in 4 mncs in Mumbai, but still struggling big time to get a job...I graduated from George Brown College this year in International Business Management and it has been 4 months i have been applyng for jobs but trust me guys the situation is soo bad that you dont even get interview calls leave aside getting a job...

There are plenty of jobs in almost all sectors, but i have gauged one thing the employers and job agencies are not interersted in international students as we do not have any canadian work experience..and its not only me none of my batchmates have got a job yet..
I would have applied for at least 500 to 600 jobs (not exaggerating) and i am soo sick and tired now even to apply...

First as i was in George Brown College i applied at lot of places in Toronto, but its next to impossible to get a job in toronto as the market is damn competitive...There are like 100 to 200 ppl applying for 1 job....So i moved to Calgary with some hopes, but its been 1 month and nothings worked out....

All i would like to advice is ifffffffff and only iff ull have a strong financial background ull can gamble coming to Canada...People who are opting to come by taking loans like me its a huge risk u r taking for sure!!!!!!!!

I have seen most of the international students end up working in mcds and pizza huts....It all looks rosy and merry from outside but it sucks when it comes to get a corporate job...

I would recommend to definitely opt for courses which have a coop, atleast ull stand a better chance to get a job...

I wish somebody would have given me this advice when i was in Mumbai last year :(

I am not trying to discourage anyone of ull, but just telling d truth and the actual scenario out here.....

Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! Rivitk, thanx for all the inputs and ground realities you've brought to this forum will certainly keep that in mind. You did not speak anything of the George Brown experience and also the IB course, like hows the class like? and the program like?