Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Given your previous posts (wife is in her 8th month 3 weeks ago), unless you and your wife are in Canada now, the chances of boarding a plane are effectively zero at this stage in her pregnancy. You should be looking at a birth at home.
It's clear that all our previous advice has been ignored. It's time for a change in the law...

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I'm writing this post to provide some information about giving birth in Canada (Ontario) as a tourist.
I was giving birth in March 2019 and I had a visitor status in that moment, my husband is a permanent resident. I have chosen Credit Valley hospital in Mississauga.
My husband and I are from Europe and there are definitely some things that are very different.

In general, before you start seeing obgy, you need to get the requisition from family doctor. The requisition for Credit Valley hospital is not necessary for tourists. You just need to go there, ask for finance manager and pay. If you try to call obstetrics department you won't get any information about prices, you have to go and see the manager.
I payed 4500$ which includes 2500$ for the ob on the delivery, 500$ for c-section, 1200 for epidural, 300$ administration fee and first check. Note that the price doesn't include hospital stay which is 3135$ for 24h in ward, 3425$ in private room. If you don't use epidural and you don't have c-section that money will be refunded to you 2-4 weeks after giving birth.

You don't get any receipt or agreement! That's how it is in Canada. You do get confirmation from credit card machine that you paid 4500$, but you don't get the actual receipt from the hospital, where it says what you paid for. I got some printed general information sheet on which finance manager wrote by hand what 4500$ include. It was really strange.

Every visit to the obgy costs 60$ and besides that you will probably need to do ultrasound and few other exams. Ultrasound is between 110-130$, depending on where you do it. Obgy will give you requisition for particular place like Credit Valley hospital for ultrasound and Dinacare for laboratory exams. First time I did ultrasound in their hospital I didn't have nice experience, so the next time they asked me to do ultrasound I did it in the other place I have chosen. Be careful with Dinacare, try to avoid them if you can. I received a bill from them for something I never did in their lab.

In case of emergency during pregnancy use of hospital fee is 720$ and you have to pay for every doctor around 150$.

When you do exams, you don't get results. Results are sent either to your family doctor, either to the obgy. In Credit Valley everyone has to pay 5$ per page to get their results printed. Or they will allow you to take pictures.
I took pictures and on the day of delivery nurse told me that obstetrics department never sent my results to the hospital, and they want to repeat some exams. It was really ridiculous.
They did find the results eventually but it would be better if we had our results pinted and took them with us.
Overall cost was around 8000$. Note that my husband is permanent resident and baby was covered. If both parents are tourists there are additional fees to be payed for the baby.

My overall experience about Canadian medical care is not as good as they represent it. It actually has a lot of minuses in many ways.
Healthcare “ tips”, from someone who hasn’t contributed a dime to the system are irrelevant, ridiculous,and as noted above time for a change to the system aka law which is bursting at its seams

BelgradianDama

Mar 19, 2019
Hello to everyone.

So, as I wrote in my first post - my husband lives in Canada and this wasn't birth tourism as everyone says here. Even if it was, I don't understand what's the big deal about that since country made the law. Second thing is that I was writing about my personal experience and the point of my post was to give an information about the cost and experience for people who are or are going to be in the same situation as I was. My experience was based not on the cost (I knew we need to pay, so this wasn't a factor at all) or staff being nice (staff was nice in general). It was based on how everything works. I will just mention just few things I compared.

In Europe you have two options- public health (public health covers everything) and private (its affordable), it's up to you to choose. So its easier and faster if you need to see the doctor. In Canada waiting time is much longer, cos you have just one option.
In many countries in Europe doctor is the one who is doing ultrasound. You wont go take requisition, go do ultrasound, and go see the doctor to find out results. You'll go see doctor, he will do ultrasound and you will get the results -all in the same day.
I got charged for something Dynacare made up, they even made up doctors name. I didn't pay it at the end. But in case of PR or citizens country budget gets damaged this way, since physicians, labs are pharmacist are doing this kind of things all the time.
Even people have appointment they will have to wait to be seen.
Most of these situations have nothing to do with status btw. It's just like that. Some things were ok for me, some were not and that's it. You can judge my post as much as you want. Better would be if you leave your negative opinion for yourself and make the thread shorter that way, so people who need information get just information, not negative vibes.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello to everyone.

So, as I wrote in my first post - my husband lives in Canada and this wasn't birth tourism as everyone says here. Even if it was, I don't understand what's the big deal about that since country made the law. Second thing is that I was writing about my personal experience and the point of my post was to give an information about the cost and experience for people who are or are going to be in the same situation as I was. My experience was based not on the cost (I knew we need to pay, so this wasn't a factor at all) or staff being nice (staff was nice in general). It was based on how everything works. I will just mention just few things I compared.

In Europe you have two options- public health (public health covers everything) and private (its affordable), it's up to you to choose. So its easier and faster if you need to see the doctor. In Canada waiting time is much longer, cos you have just one option.
In many countries in Europe doctor is the one who is doing ultrasound. You wont go take requisition, go do ultrasound, and go see the doctor to find out results. You'll go see doctor, he will do ultrasound and you will get the results -all in the same day.
I got charged for something Dynacare made up, they even made up doctors name. I didn't pay it at the end. But in case of PR or citizens country budget gets damaged this way, since physicians, labs are pharmacist are doing this kind of things all the time.
Even people have appointment they will have to wait to be seen.
Most of these situations have nothing to do with status btw. It's just like that. Some things were ok for me, some were not and that's it. You can judge my post as much as you want. Better would be if you leave your negative opinion for yourself and make the thread shorter that way, so people who need information get just information, not negative vibes.
I don’t think they were referring to you in terms of the birth tourism. I believe that was towards Rishi who obviously applied for a visitor visa just to have an anchor baby. People here tend to look through the history of posts of other people. I personally do so because I do not want to help someone who does not deserve it.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28

BelgradianDama

Mar 19, 2019
I don’t think they were referring to you in terms of the birth tourism. I believe that was towards Rishi who obviously applied for a visitor visa just to have an anchor baby. People here tend to look through the history of posts of other people. I personally do so because I do not want to help someone who does not deserve it.
Ok. In that case I would like to understand what is the difference for people here between immigrant, refugee and someone who came, gave birth and got the papers. To me all these groups are the same. They all came to Canada, the only difference is they used different way

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And that why the commentary on laws for birthright citizenship. It’s often used as a means to immigrate later based on the child’s status. As one of the very few countries that offer Birthright citizenship, a lot of Canadians would like to see significant changes. After all, as taxpayer, we are the ones footing the bill for those who don’t contribute.

Reactions: Qwertypod and jddd

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Helo belgradian how many all charges for baby birth delivery in canada tourist visa please know me urgently
What's the possibility on arrival that CBSA can deny people who don't have a valid reason for their visit ?
Even if holding a TRV ?

BelgradianDama

Mar 19, 2019
And that why the commentary on laws for birthright citizenship. It’s often used as a means to immigrate later based on the child’s status. As one of the very few countries that offer Birthright citizenship, a lot of Canadians would like to see significant changes. After all, as taxpayer, we are the ones footing the bill for those who don’t contribute.
Great. Why is that so bad? I mean, I can see you brought your wife from Indonesia here by sponsoring her. So some people get marry and immigrate, some people pay and immigrate, some people give birth and immigrate. They will eventually pay the taxes anyway. Even someone gave birth and went back home, his income will be taxable in case of applying for child benefits. So I don't understand what is actually the problem. Canada is one of the countries with lowest population in the world, that's why you have all those programs for immigration.