+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving birth during family class sponsorship

maripositalinda

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone, I am posting this because I need advice on how to handle my situation, and here I might find people that went through the same.

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I just received the AOR, I am the primary applicant and my husband is the sponsor, he is a canadian citizen. I already consulted RAMQ and IRCC and it is impossible to have the medicare before delivery, since I need the permanent residence acceptance letter and the CSQ. We are handling the follow-ups, tests, ultrasound from our pockets but the delivery at the hospital our doctor is affiliated is extremely expensive. It is a 12,000 CAD deposit before delivery in Saint-Eustache hospital. Right now I am in Quebec near Montreal, and I will like to know if there is any other hospital that you could recommend with lower prices or payment plans.

I already called to La maison Bleue, but they just help with follow-ups, and the deposit in the hospital they are affiliated is 15,000 CAD, so it is even more expensive. They recommend me to visit Doctors of the World and I have this pending to investigate, haven't go because their schedule is very tight but if anyone have info on their process, please let me know.

Another option I was thinking, is going back to my country to give birth and then come back when the baby is at least 2 months old, but my husband is concerned about the re-entering to Canada since we already started the process and we just received the AOR. I have a valid visitor visa of multiple entries. Is there a way I can inform IRCC of my situation so I dont have problems coming back?. Because it will be less expensive to give birth in my country, even with the flight tickets costs and stay.

Any other suggestion is apreciated, if you went through the same situation please let me know of your experience.

Thanks a lot in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I am posting this because I need advice on how to handle my situation, and here I might find people that went through the same.

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I just received the AOR, I am the primary applicant and my husband is the sponsor, he is a canadian citizen. I already consulted RAMQ and IRCC and it is impossible to have the medicare before delivery, since I need the permanent residence acceptance letter and the CSQ. We are handling the follow-ups, tests, ultrasound from our pockets but the delivery at the hospital our doctor is affiliated is extremely expensive. It is a 12,000 CAD deposit before delivery in Saint-Eustache hospital. Right now I am in Quebec near Montreal, and I will like to know if there is any other hospital that you could recommend with lower prices or payment plans.

I already called to La maison Bleue, but they just help with follow-ups, and the deposit in the hospital they are affiliated is 15,000 CAD, so it is even more expensive. They recommend me to visit Doctors of the World and I have this pending to investigate, haven't go because their schedule is very tight but if anyone have info on their process, please let me know.

Another option I was thinking, is going back to my country to give birth and then come back when the baby is at least 2 months old, but my husband is concerned about the re-entering to Canada since we already started the process and we just received the AOR. I have a valid visitor visa of multiple entries. Is there a way I can inform IRCC of my situation so I dont have problems coming back?. Because it will be less expensive to give birth in my country, even with the flight tickets costs and stay.

Any other suggestion is apreciated, if you went through the same situation please let me know of your experience.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to guarantee you will be able to come back and re-enter Canada without issues. Informing IRCC of your situation won't change this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks a lot in advance.
Also, as an inland applicant, you are required to live in Canada with your spouse through the entire process. If you leave for several months to give birth, expect that IRCC will find out and refuse your sponsorship app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure why people don’t look into this before filing for inland sponsorship or getting pregnant without healthcare. If you can’t afford 15k (it could be more if you have complications, preterm labour, etc.) you should withdraw your inland sponsorship, resubmit Outland sponsorship, return home and then return after delivery and when you can obtain travel documents for your child.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM

Thanks a lot in advance.
Just an idea. If you are young and healthy with no pre-existing health concerns, you may want to look into using a Midwife and doing a home birth. This may be more cost effective (I believe it's half the cost of hospital births!). Yes, there's always the chance with home birth that you may have to go to the hospital if there's complications but chances are everything would go fine without you having to step foot into a hospital.

Reactions: scylla

davey

Jun 27, 2016
Hello, what is your status in Canada currently? If you are out of status, it makes it a bit difficult but you can access the midwifery services if you are in Ontario. if you opt for a hospital birth, the costs can go as high as 15K, if there are complications.
Your sponsor's insurance plan may cover some eligible expenses but that is plan (Insurance) dependent.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello, what is your status in Canada currently? If you are out of status, it makes it a bit difficult but you can access the midwifery services if you are in Ontario. if you opt for a hospital birth, the costs can go as high as 15K, if there are complications.
Your sponsor's insurance plan may cover some eligible expenses but that is plan (Insurance) dependent.
Per the O/P she’s in Quebec, and as noted she’s received AOR, so not out of status , but as noted did not do the leg work prior to getting pregnant, hence why she’s now in this predicament
And of course Ontario would welcome her with open arms to take advantage of its bursting at the seams health network , when she’s not intending to reside in the province and contribute to its tax base , since she’s actually planning to be a resident in Quebec

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwertypod

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Per the O/P she’s in Quebec, and as noted she’s received AOR, so not out of status , but as noted did not do the leg work prior to getting pregnant, hence why she’s now in this predicament
And of course Ontario would welcome her with open arms to take advantage of its bursting at the seams health network , when she’s not intending to reside in the province and contribute to its tax base , since she’s actually planning to be a resident in Quebec
AOR does not change anyone's status in Canada. It is only an acknowledge of receipt, basically that CIC has received the application. nothing more. If an applicant was out of status when application was submitted, he/she remains to be out of status until the applicant reaches AIP stage (approved in principle) or restore the status after applying for "restoration of status", whichever comes first. Once the applicant reaches AIP, he / she can then apply for OWP.

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks a lot in advance.
I recommend you to looking for a midwife center where are you leaving. They will take care of your pregnancy with no cost, they will offer home birth for low risk pregnancy. if you are no into to give birth at home try to find a midwife affiliate to a Birth Center. The important thing is that you pregnancy must be low risk. if something happen after the delivery, you will be transfer to a hospital in that case you should have to pay but for sure will be less than the 15000.

I know your pain because I'm in the same condition, I apply since long time with OWP, and when I knew I was pregnant I said I will have plenty time to get the new WP and get the heath card and be covered at the due day, but this application was returned (although I got my AOR) and no work permit so far. So I have to change my birth plans to Birth center because I can't no afford the big hospital bill

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I recommend you to looking for a midwife center where are you leaving. They will take care of your pregnancy with no cost, they will offer home birth for low risk pregnancy. if you are no into to give birth at home try to find a midwife affiliate to a Birth Center. The important thing is that you pregnancy must be low risk. if something happen after the delivery, you will be transfer to a hospital in that case you should have to pay but for sure will be less than the 15000.

I know your pain because I'm in the same condition, I apply since long time with OWP, and when I knew I was pregnant I said I will have plenty time to get the new WP and get the heath card and be covered at the due day, but this application was returned (although I got my AOR) and no work permit so far. So I have to change my birth plans to Birth center because I can't no afford the big hospital bill
Midwives are often too full to accept new patients are there are no guarantees your bill will be smaller if you get transferred to the hospital. You may end up with a c-section, have other complications, etc