+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Given Name / Family Name mixed up in Application

NathanDsilva

Oct 21, 2019
Is your issue resolved? I submitted my app on 6 september and profile is now stuck in Biometrics stage because of stupidity *crying*

Hey have you got a resolution for your problem? I'm stuck in the same situation with no way out and my BIL expires in a few days

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Hey have you got a resolution for your problem? I'm stuck in the same situation with no way out and my BIL expires in a few days
Hey Nathan,

You don't need a new BIL. Just goto the centre and ask them to record your biometrics on name as per passport. If the security guys have an issue speak to a senior person. They are bound to take your biometrics just that not all of their employees are informed. So speak to the whole centre if need be, cuz they allow for sure and allowed me too.

Good luck.

NathanDsilva

Oct 21, 2019
Hey Nathan,

You don't need a new BIL. Just goto the centre and ask them to record your biometrics on name as per passport. If the security guys have an issue speak to a senior person. They are bound to take your biometrics just that not all of their employees are informed. So speak to the whole centre if need be, cuz they allow for sure and allowed me too.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info I visited the centre they have taken the biometrics and mentioned in their database that my name is mixed up they also said that the mix up might also come up on my approval letter or study permit did you face any issue after your biometrics were taken?

Thanks!

Raj1508

Aug 15, 2019
Hi Team,

I have also made a mistake by interchanging my first name and last name in the application profile and also in the IMM form.

Please help me with the procedures to have it corrected

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Guys please help me I did the same mistake Mixed up first and last name got a biometric and medical with mix up name what I suppose to do and what’s gonna be the effect on my application?

projitMukherjee

Mar 17, 2021
Hi Team,

I have also made a mistake by interchanging my first name and last name in the application profile and also in the IMM form.

Hi! Your current status? I also made the same mistake. Can I contact you personally? Please I'm extremely worried!

May 26, 2021
Hi,

I have made the same mistake. I found out about it when I received the submission confirmation email. I am so nervous. I have an appointment in 4 days. Can I abandon this application and start a new one and pay the fee?

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Hi Team,

Please update what happened.. I'm also in same situation

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Hi,

I have made the same mistake. I found out about it when I received the submission confirmation email. I am so nervous. I have an appointment in 4 days. Can I abandon this application and start a new one and pay the fee?
Please update about your decision what did you do for correction... Please update I'm in the same situation

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Hi! Your current status? I also made the same mistake. Can I contact you personally? Please I'm extremely worried!
Please update about your decision what did you do for correction... Please update I'm in the same situation

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Hi brother... I'm in the same situation.. My full name as per passport is Nikhil Kumar in given name section.. And surname/family name blank.. I applied for student visa and in application for I mistakenly mentioned family name Kumar and given name nikhil... In biometric they told me that we have recorded you biometric as per passport.. What should I do.. Now... What is up with your case did you get visa or what is the status