+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Given Name / Family Name mixed up in Application

Jul 26, 2012
Hi I unfortunately submitted my Express Entry Profile and the CEC Application with my given names and surnames in wrong sequence. There is any way to fix this? I can call the help centre maybe or my application will be rejected and I just lost more than $1000 dollars for that mistake ?

Any ideas

thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Click on "modify family information" and see if those fields can be modified. Otherwise from your end there is no way to do so Post-ITA.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already sent the application and paid the fee so I dont think I can edit that info
You can raise a CSE to update information on your application.

Honestly though, unless you figured out a way to deal with your other issue I wouldn't bother.

Jul 26, 2012
You can raise a CSE to update information on your application.

Honestly though, unless you figured out a way to deal with your other issue I wouldn't bother.
I already fiex the points issue, I just included contract and paystubs but no reference letter, so im back to 468 and I sent the PR online app.

About the names issue I just sent a CSE form to ask my names be changed, do you think it could be possible or my app will be rejeceted cos the passport does not match the names in sequence ?

thanks a lot for the help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already fiex the points issue, I just included contract and paystubs but no reference letter, so im back to 468 and I sent the PR online app.

About the names issue I just sent a CSE form to ask my names be changed, do you think it could be possible or my app will be rejeceted cos the passport does not match the names in sequence ?

thanks a lot for the help
I wouldn't be so worried about that. If anything i'd be extremely concerned about your work experience.

Jul 26, 2012
I contacted immigration CSE to try to update my application and i received this stupid letter that does not say anything

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided. Please note that the name displayed in your application is identical to the name indicated in the passport you used when submitting the application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Mathew, Agent 4029
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

chanukaism

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I have a similar kind of issue. Could you please help my by letting us know what happened to your application

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
me too, got PR, currently in Canada, no issues !!!
I am stuck and worried with almost no help

What did you do exactly? CSE webform solved your problem?

My first name is incorrect and I have received a BIL with incorrect name so biometric submission is stuck.

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I had no issues with this. I already got PR.
I am stuck and worried with almost no help, please guide.

What did you do? CSE webform solved your problem?

My first name is incorrect and I have received a BIL with incorrect name so biometric submission is stuck.

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
My issue is I missed writing my Fathers name in the First name Section, I wasnt aware that First Name and Given Name on passport are the same thing.

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah its resolved. The Biometrics center was supposed to take my case without the middle name too. And I had raised a webform which confirmed that my name is rightly uploaded.