+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend's visitor visa application refused after 8 months

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Hope that you are doing well.

I've been in this forum for a while and found it very useful to get more information to prepare for my girlfriend's visitor visa. Unfortunately, I got the refusal today after almost 8 months of waiting.

Here are the reasons which they mentioned in the refusal letter:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• For the 1st reason, I clearly mentioned in the Purpose of Visit letter below:
My family ties include my grandparents, mother, two younger brothers, one younger sister, and relatives living in my home country. I've lived with my immediate family most of my entire life in the very same house they are living in now, so my family ties back in my home country are still very strong.
  • For the 2nd reason, I'm not sure what it means. I would be grateful if anyone can help to explain this.
My concern: could anyone who was in the same situation before know how to address and overcome those refusal reasons, please help me, I would be really appreciated it!

Please see the full status below:

Review of eligibility
  • November 23, 2022 We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 18, 2022 Completed.
Background check
  • April 18, 2022 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • November 23, 2022 We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I've been in this forum for a while and found it very useful to get more information to prepare for my girlfriend's visitor visa. Unfortunately, I got the refusal today after almost 8 months of waiting.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My family ties include my grandparents, mother, two younger brothers, one younger sister, and relatives living in my home country. I've lived with my immediate family most of my entire life in the very same house they are living in now, so my family ties back in my home country are still very strong.
  • For the 2nd reason, I'm not sure what it means. I would be grateful if anyone can help to explain this.
My concern: could anyone who was in the same situation before know how to address and overcome those refusal reasons, please help me, I would be really appreciated it!

Review of eligibility
  • November 23, 2022 We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
  • November 23, 2022 We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.
First reason has something to do with her being single. Parents, siblings are extended families. There's not much to address about this reason.

Second reason has something to do with her intended stay:

How long did she say she will be visiting Canada? Usually the longer proposed stay, the high chance of refusal

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Which country did you apply

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Thanks so much for the reply.

For the first reason, should we explain something to prevent the same refused reason.

For the second reason, she is going to stay for 3 weeks and I also provided the schedule of stay which mentions the activities day by day.

I really want to reapply but don’t know how to address 2 above reasons

Thanks again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
This is a pretty standard refusal. We see these reasons all of the time. Basically she has demonstrated insufficient ties to her home country and IRCC has concerns she wants to remain in Canada long term. You need to provide her full profile if you want additional help. What ties to her home country did she show and what evidence did she provide to support this? How much did she show in proof of funds? Does she have any previous travel to counties requiring visas?

Reactions: ILoveCanada9999

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
This is a pretty standard refusal. We see these reasons all of the time. Basically she has demonstrated insufficient ties to her home country and IRCC has concerns she wants to remain in Canada long term. You need to provide her full profile if you want additional help. What ties to her home country did she show and what evidence did she provide to support this? How much did she show in proof of funds? Does she have any previous travel to counties requiring visas?
Thanks so much for your time looking at my long post and gave the explanation, here are the answers for your questions above:
  • She mentioned in the letter about her grandparents, mother who is disabled, 2 younger brothers, 1 younger sister.
  • She provided the insurance receipt which is 3 weeks showing the starting and ending date, along with her employment letter with the Maketing Manager title, proof of income which is her salary (base salary and bonus based on her KPI on that month) around 1,200 CAD - 1,400 CAD/month, saving 25,000 CAD.
  • Unfortunately, she does not have any previous travel and she also mentioned in her letter that she does not want to travel and the only reason she wants to travel to Canada is because of me.
Please let me know if you need any other information, I will provide all. FYI, I just submitted the GCMS notes today to see the detailed of the refused reasons but I guess I need to wait for 2 months. I submitted once before when her application was still in process and there is not much information there except one thing that they said no Proof of income received, then I submitted the webform along with her latest labour contact, proof of income, and most recent bank statement. After 3-4 days of that submission, they sent an email receving her webform and then a refusal comes after that email around 2-3 hours.

Thanks again for your kindly help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much for your time looking at my long post and gave the explanation, here are the answers for your questions above:
  • She mentioned in the letter about her grandparents, mother who is disabled, 2 younger brothers, 1 younger sister.
  • She provided the insurance receipt which is 3 weeks showing the starting and ending date, along with her employment letter with the Maketing Manager title, proof of income which is her salary (base salary and bonus based on her KPI on that month) around 1,200 CAD - 1,400 CAD/month, saving 25,000 CAD.
  • Unfortunately, she does not have any previous travel and she also mentioned in her letter that she does not want to travel and the only reason she wants to travel to Canada is because of me.
Please let me know if you need any other information, I will provide all. FYI, I just submitted the GCMS notes today to see the detailed of the refused reasons but I guess I need to wait for 2 months. I submitted once before when her application was still in process and there is not much information there except one thing that they said no Proof of income received, then I submitted the webform along with her latest labour contact, proof of income, and most recent bank statement. After 3-4 days of that submission, they sent an email receving her webform and then a refusal comes after that email around 2-3 hours.

Thanks again for your kindly help!
It's good that you have requested the GCMS notes. I would wait until you get those before you reapply.

The first bullet you mentioned generally won't be regarded by IRCC as a tie. Her savings are decent and it's good she was able to show employment. The lack of previous travel, however, really works against her.

Wait for the GCMS notes and then try reapplying. Given her profile, it may not be possible to get an approval. So just be prepared for that possibility.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
It's good that you have requested the GCMS notes. I would wait until you get those before you reapply.

The first bullet you mentioned generally won't be regarded by IRCC as a tie. Her savings are decent and it's good she was able to show employment. The lack of previous travel, however, really works against her.

Wait for the GCMS notes and then try reapplying. Given her profile, it may not be possible to get an approval. So just be prepared for that possibility.
Thanks again, scylla!

So, what should she provide/mention to convince IRCC that she has a strong tie back home and she will come back home after visiting me in Canada?

As you said, her profile is not possible to get approval, would you mind telling me the reasons, and is there any way to make her profile stronger?

Sorry to keep asking you so many questions and really appreciate your time answering me!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks again, scylla!

So, what should she provide/mention to convince IRCC that she has a strong tie back home and she will come back home after visiting me in Canada?

As you said, her profile is not possible to get approval, would you mind telling me the reasons, and is there any way to make her profile stronger?

Sorry to keep asking you so many questions and really appreciate your time answering me!
I didn't say that it wouldn't be possible - but that it may not be possible (the key word being "may").

I'm not sure I have an answer for you on what she should provide to guarantee that IRCC will be convince of her ties and approve her application. She's young with relatively few ties and unfortunately from a country where it's generally more difficult to get a TRV. She has indicated that she's only interested in traveling to Canada since you are here, which may have increased IRCC's concerns she has plans on remaining lont term.

If she owned an apartment or something like that, this would make her profile strong. Prior travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or US would make her profile storng.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
I didn't say that it wouldn't be possible - but that it may not be possible (the key word being "may").

I'm not sure I have an answer for you on what she should provide to guarantee that IRCC will be convince of her ties and approve her application. She's young with relatively few ties and unfortunately from a country where it's generally more difficult to get a TRV. She has indicated that she's only interested in traveling to Canada since you are here, which may have increased IRCC's concerns she has plans on remaining lont term.

If she owned an apartment or something like that, this would make her profile strong. Prior travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or US would make her profile storng.
Thank you, scylla!

I guess she needs to change her purpose of the visit by not only visiting me, right? Not sure if you have any idea about what she should state in the letter to prevent the IRCC's concerns about her intention to stay here for the long term?

I'm thinking about asking her mother and grandmother to give her the house as a gift, do you think it's a good way to make her profile stronger?
Regarding traveling to countries requiring visas such UK or US, I think it will be as difficult as Canada. Not sure if this is mandatory for the IRCC office to make the final decision or not?

Best Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, scylla!

I guess she needs to change her purpose of the visit by not only visiting me, right? Not sure if you have any idea about what she should state in the letter to prevent the IRCC's concerns about her intention to stay here for the long term?

I'm thinking about asking her mother and grandmother to give her the house as a gift, do you think it's a good way to make her profile stronger?
Regarding traveling to countries requiring visas such UK or US, I think it will be as difficult as Canada. Not sure if this is mandatory for the IRCC office to make the final decision or not?

Best Regards,
Keep in mind that IRCC will have her original application on file in their systems. So I'm not sure that changing the purpose of her trip will help given she already declared in her first application that her reason for traveling is to visit you. I think she needs to focus on increasing her ties to her home country.

I'm not sure what you mean by giving her the house as a gift. If you mean transfering the ownership of the house to her so that she is the sole owner, that might help.

Travel to countries like the US or UK is certainly not mandatory but it very much helps to strengthen someone's profile.

I don't have any suggestions for the letter. I've never written one.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Thanks always
Keep in mind that IRCC will have her original application on file in their systems. So I'm not sure that changing the purpose of her trip will help given she already declared in her first application that her reason for traveling is to visit you. I think she needs to focus on increasing her ties to her home country.

I'm not sure what you mean by giving her the house as a gift. If you mean transfering the ownership of the house to her so that she is the sole owner, that might help.

Travel to countries like the US or UK is certainly not mandatory but it very much helps to strengthen someone's profile.

I don't have any suggestions for the letter. I've never written one.
Thanks always, scylla!

Yeah, I will follow your advice not to change the purpose of her trip.

Yes, I meant transferring the ownership of the building to her, so that she is the sole owner. So far, that's the only thing I can add to her original application. I don't know what else I should add to make her application stronger.

I'm thinking about asking her current employer to give her a document to enforce her to come back, otherwise, she will be fined a certain amount of money. Do you think it will help as well?

Best Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks always

Thanks always, scylla!

Yeah, I will follow your advice not to change the purpose of her trip.

Yes, I meant transferring the ownership of the building to her, so that she is the sole owner. So far, that's the only thing I can add to her original application. I don't know what else I should add to make her application stronger.

I'm thinking about asking her current employer to give her a document to enforce her to come back, otherwise, she will be fined a certain amount of money. Do you think it will help as well?

Best Regards,
I've never heard of employees being fined and I don't understand how the employer would enforce that. This feels like you're creating evidence / trying to hard. Also makes it seem like the employer expects there's a chance she will not return. This just doesn't sound normal. I personally wouldn't do this.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
I've never heard of employees being fined and I don't understand how the employer would enforce that. This feels like you're creating evidence / trying to hard. Also makes it seem like the employer expects there's a chance she will not return. This just doesn't sound normal. I personally wouldn't do this.
Hey scylla, your explanation is very reasonable. Thank you so much!