+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend TRV approved:)

cyy8913

Aug 8, 2012
** For people who are still going through the process, please, have some faith. If you have put your heart into the application, you will get it! **

Below I want to share my experience a little bit.

I got my PR status last year. I did not even plan to start this for my girlfriend until this November. We spent 5 days putting all forms and supporting docs together. By 5 days I meant at least 30 hours of critical work on my side. She ran into many different places to collect information for me in China. On November 13th, we sent the application to visa center in China. Today, Nov 25th in Canadian time, she received her passport back with a TRV valid until the year of 2022.

We have been together for a little under one year. She had no previous travel history, had almost no savings or significant assets under her name. We are not married. but I used wedding as the purpose for this travel, of course, my invitation letter was 2-page with a lot of details and supporting information.

I would like to thank the great people in this forum, especially Mike, thank you truly for your kind words and the encouragement. I am sharing my story just so that you guys can see a living success in applying TRV. For couples that are looking forward to living together in Canada, keep your faith:)

M

mikeymyke

I hope Mike was me :)

If it is, then I'm happy for you. That's about 7 people so far that I've been credited for getting a TRV! Woohoo!

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hey Mike..

It has to be you always, you are the heart of this forum, your constant support, activeness has helped many other including me.

I have applied for my TRV on 24th, Got status on 25th Being processed.. Finger crossed...Hope I get the Visa..

Hey Mike, in case of approval, do they (High Commission or VFS) send e mail of visa being approved?
If one gets refusal, do the HC emails the refusal reason or post is with the PP.

If a status says, passport dispatched, its mostly a approved chance?

Please advise mate.

roofy05

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,
I have applied TRV as per the instructions from the thread related to spouse TRV.I guess im one of the unluckiest ,My spouse visa got rejected even after the detailed letter as per mikymike and followed by all the other members instruction of including various documents.
The reason for refusal is :
Family ties ..(Provided a full page list of family members and their address and how are they related.Since she did not own any property showed her dad property documents showing the address where she stayed,)

Employment: She is a private consultant works on commission basis. Sent offer letter working since 4 years with letter of approval leave of absence and also the offer letter from her previous employments.

Personel assets and financial status: Bank statement with 8000 CAD,as she did not own any property or anything.

I have applied for 60 days with detailed itenary from day 1.

Need suggestions on reapplying.As I want my wife to be here for Christmas and new years as that's what the reason I mentioned to them earlier.

Thank you all again.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Roofy...
I m sure mikey and other seniors will help you,
Just my two scents... Make your visit/show you will visit for max 3weeks. Any thing over month is considered potential by VO

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hello everyone! Myself madhu.. My hubby is in Canada on his student visa.. He went there in 2013 and i applied for an open work permit on July 8 2014 but it got refused on this reasons:
1)travel history
2)family ties in Canada and in home country.
3)financial status and personal assets
4)employment status.
Therefore again I applied for an visitor visa on november 3rd with all the documents rrequired and made corrections for above said refusal reasons even then my applicatn got refused... Reasons were:
1)travel history
2)financial status and personal assets
3)purpose of visit
4) length of stay
I clearly mentioned I would like to visit my husband to celebrate Christmas n new year together and duration was one month.

Even after facing two refusals I didn't loose my hopes n confidence .. Again I applied for a visitor visa on 25 November with a clear covering letter explaining him the reasons for which he refused.. And now It is being processed in Bangalore India.
I hope everything will be positive this time!

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hey Madhu..

I also applied for TRV on 24th Nov, File fwd on 25th to CHC Bangalore.

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
That's really nice!! I checked my status... Its still being processed.. Can u tel me from where did u apply? Nd is this ur first trv application?

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi,
I applied from VFS Hyderabad, submitted on 24th, same day evening got sms file has been sent, 25th got mail file received and under process..
Since then its your file is been under process at CHC Bangalore..

From what I read on this forum and few other blogs there is as such no time frame but most of the cases got @ average 5-6 working days.

This I m talking about New Delhi, I m not really sure about B'lore, this has newly opened. I was bit shocked to know when the VFS representative told me your file will be FWD to B'lore.

Yes this is my 1st try, did my best to make my file thick and legit. Hope for the best.

Which city you applied for? did you made any tentative travel arrangements should you get visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Madhu,

The new Visa Office in Bangalore offers visa services to mostly southern India states. However, visa applications from some West India cities are also sent to the Bangalore office.

Processing times are typically about 7-10 working days (not calendar days) for TRV applications processed by the Visa Office in Bangalore.

All the very best. Hope you get your TRV this time :)

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Oh Mannn..
7-10 Working days are 2full weeks calendar days..
New Delhi being central hub, process it fast, At the end these are general time frame, Have seen cases getting responded in 1day, 4working days
and some taking months.

Plus more painful is " passport dispatched". wonder if its refusal or approval ;D

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
While typical time frames are 7-10 working days for processing TRVs by the Bangalore Visa Office, there is every possibility that it can be processed much sooner.

Hence, processing times are only indicative :)

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Thank u so much for ur reply mo82 and bryanna .. I applied from Hyderabad ( chiran fort)... Yes I made every possible thing in my application to get approved!! Remaining in gods hands.. :) lets see what happens.. And my previous application also processed in Bangalore, I applied on Monday and I got mail on thursday that it is dispatched... Very soon process..... This time its taking time..
I hope this time it will ne a positive reply... Very eager to meet my hubby yaar... Since 1 n half year we are not together :(

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Yea I kept my detailed travel itinerary which starts from DEC 15 to Jan 4 ... And my length of stay is only for 3 wee..
How about u mo82 :D

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Aww maddy i feel for you pal,
You and me are sailing in the same chip..You have husband and I wife. :(
I also heard that generally its processed in 3-4days,like you mentioned your earlier application in 3-4days.
I hope the delay for you and me is a good news approaching (By God Will)

Damm how equal of a coincident :p :eek:

Did we do brain mapping?? I swear my dates are too same, my length of stay 23days,
i provided hotels reservation in cities we are touring, a detailed travel plan with day by day breakage..
OH man..

Same city, applied from same office, file went to same CHC, dates same, what more..

Which airlines are you choosing should you be approved a visa..

Maddy the last time you applied was a refusal, so you got a status that passport dispatched, did you got any e mail along with the the same day or day after with the refusal reasons etc??

Or it is like "picture khatam nahi hui until the pp delivered" the suspense is on..
my concern is if we get status that passport dispatched, will it be a good news or bad...

I read some where on this blog itself, a passport dispatched, no email from CHC to you on same day or thereafter is a good news. It seems generally when you are refused, you get email from CHC with reason. Please let me know your last case scenario... ;D