+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend coming to visit

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
Hello forum.

I am curious about something.

I'm an Italian Citizen, studying and working in Canada. My girlfriend of two years who is from the Philippines and has been living there all of her life, wants to visit. Thankfully she has a stable job she will be returning to and a good amount of funds to show as proof. But she has asked me for an invitation latter. I explained to her that I can't technically do this because I'm not either a Permanent Resident, nor a Canadian Citizen.

I spoke to a immigration consultant about this and they told me that a letter is not in fact necessary.

Now, the thing that worries me, is if she'll be asked where she's staying. Would it be safe to write her a letter to put in with the application, JUST the letter, stating who she is, who I am, the relationship, and where she will be staying and for how long? Just to show that she wont have to spend more and more money on an hotel stay.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She will definitely have to provide the address where she will be staying on the application form. Like the consultant said, a letter may not be necessary but I would still send it, it wont hurt. Just explain she will visit you for X period of time, and she will be staying with you at you address, and just a general explanation of what you will be doing, like if you will traveling around and where or you will be staying where you are what do you plan on doing.

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
CanV said:
She will definitely have to provide the address where she will be staying on the application form. Like the consultant said, a letter may not be necessary but I would still send it, it wont hurt. Just explain she will visit you for X period of time, and she will be staying with you at you address, and just a general explanation of what you will be doing, like if you will traveling around and where or you will be staying where you are what do you plan on doing.
Thank you :)

But one more thing, should I send JUST the letter, or should I treat it as any invitation, and send certificate of employment, bank statement, and whatever else is required and so on and so forth?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she can proof sufficient funds for her trip then you don't need to attach any of that.

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
But then of course.. if her funds are something that when turned into dollars, amounts to roughly $3,000, I should probably step in and state that I'm helping her.

This is basically what I'm planning to write:

To whom it may concern,

This is to certify that [Name] will be visiting me in [Location], Canada from [Date] to [Date]. [Name] has been my beloved girlfriend for the past [Number of Years] and will be staying at my home for the duration of her stay, as she will have a chance to meet my parents who are also visiting me around the same time. All of her the important expenses, including travel and food, will be handled by me and my family.

Then I'll add my contact information, and a short paragraph about my status in Canada.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
I won't hijack the thread here but was curious as my boyfriend needs to write a similar letter. Any tips?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks good. As I have mentioned, provide details on what you will be doing. Also, add that she also has additional funds to spend. In your letter refer to the bank statement on the amount you have available for her stay. And like you mentioned, tell about about yourself and your immigration status in Canada. Assure them that she will not overstay her visa and you both are aware of the consequences of doing so.