+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed From Father In Law

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
Hello people! I am at pre ITA stage and my wife is unaccompanying and would be joining later through spousal visa. I am expecting ITA soon so I have a question regarding proof of funds.

My father in law would be gifting me the whole POF amount so would there be any problem taking this gift from him considering my wife is unaccompanying?

Last edited:

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Get an affidavit signed by you two that he is giving you this money as a gift and you don't have to pay it back. Also get the bank statements as a proof that it came from his account to yours.

Should not be an issue as he is still your Father in Law no matter if your wife is accompanying you or not.

The Magician

Feb 5, 2018
I am getting two gift deeds one from my father and other one from my mother in law. My question is that is it okay to get two gift deeds ?

And do I have to arrange their statement too? If yes then what should be the period?

storm2

Dec 7, 2020
I am getting two gift deeds one from my father and other one from my mother in law. My question is that is it okay to get two gift deeds ?

And do I have to arrange their statement too? If yes then what should be the period?

Hello,

I am also planning to get the gift deed from my father-in-law. Did you face any challenges?
Any tips i should know before getting gift deed and submitting the documents to Canada government?

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
Hello people! I am at pre ITA stage and my wife is unaccompanying and would be joining later through spousal visa. I am expecting ITA soon so I have a question regarding proof of funds.

My father in law would be gifting me the whole POF amount so would there be any problem taking this gift from him considering my wife is unaccompanying?
Did it work for you?