+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC

Haminator

Nov 11, 2019
How can i wire CAD to my GIC account Since my bank is only allowing me to deposit USD. On the other hand Scotia Bank is only accepting CAD with no exception.

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
Are you from India ? All private bank and specific branches of government all do transactions in CAD. Which is your bank?

Nbcube

Nov 11, 2019
How can i wire CAD to my GIC account Since my bank is only allowing me to deposit USD. On the other hand Scotia Bank is only accepting CAD with no exception.
Hi,

You should ask your bank to send the required CAD to the account number given in your instruction sheet received while opening your account in Scotia bank. Your bank will ask you to deposite certain amount in USD as per the current conversion rates plus their service charges to your account.

The detailed instruction along with necessary information required for the transfer should be there in the instruction sheet

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
I showed Scotia bank letter to HDFC bank and they were already familiar with the procedure. They did the wire transfer same day. No matter how they do conversion 10,000 CAD should reach Scotia Bank. Your name and address in bank should be same as in passport and details in letter should be filled as such.

Alamshk9

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Dnt wire in USD, you will lose money in conversion when they return the amount, time in weeks. Look for alternative bank which deals with CAD.