+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC through CIBC, NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all! I'll be applying for GIC from CIBC today.
-I paid my first-year fee through a bank account under my name but the funds were transferred from my dad's bank account in my bank account. Should I mention that while filling the GIC form? Do you guys know if I have to say 'yes' or 'no' under "I confirm that I have made a foreign exchange transaction under the liberalized remittance scheme"?
-I'll be paying for GIC from a different account under my name. But since I'm a student, will there be a problem cause I don't earn but I have this much money in both my bank accounts?

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
First things first they don't really care about your tuition fees as it's a totally different thing and second thing you won't face anykind of problem regarding that account issue you're talking about.

Select "No" for foreign exchange transaction option.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
First things first they don't really care about your tuition fees as it's a totally different thing and second thing you won't face anykind of problem regarding that account issue you're talking about.

Select "No" for foreign exchange transaction option.
but I've made a transaction of over 21000 CAD two days back? Should I not mention that?