+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Revised GIC to $20000 CAD

sukhreetsinghrai057

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
anyone here who can help me my agent is saying you have to write that u r responsible if your file will get refused due to the reason of lodging file too earlier could i sign or not?​

Aatif1988

Jan 30, 2019
anyone here who can help me my agent is saying you have to write that u r responsible if your file will get refused due to the reason of lodging file too earlier could i sign or not?​
The canadian immigration encourages people to submit their visa application as early as possible, Logging your file early can never be a reason for refusal , the worst that can happen is your file will not be accepted which again is highly unlikely...So don’t worry.
And if i may ask what semister are you applying for?

sukhreetsinghrai057

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
s
The canadian immigration encourages people to submit their visa application as early as possible, Logging your file early can never be a reason for refusal , the worst that can happen is your file will not be accepted which again is highly unlikely...So don’t worry.
And if i may ask what semister are you applying for?
sep intake

maan@123

Jan 13, 2019
i got my visa for sept 2019 on 18th feb and now its for than a month.. so just dont worry as there is no such rule.. its not only me many other members of this forum and two of my relatives hve got their visas.. so just go ahead.. dont be late unnecessarily..

Last edited:
Reactions: loveleen_62

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Who the hell is spreading this news ? there is nothing official, if there are any changes, CIC will update before implementing it. Just relax and keep following 10K rule until there is anything on official CIC website. Everyone is educated here and still you believe anything on internet, when you have the access to official website.

Reactions: Graduate_applicant

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
I for one hope this goes through, it will save us to show rest of the money in accounts for last 4 months.

rigin george

Mar 23, 2019
There is no other way. A GIC is like a fixed deposit. Most of the banks are having a program where your money is kept in this deposit and will earn interest. Once you reach Canada this GIC will be closed and you will be credited the interest and 2,000 CAD.

For the balance money, different banks have different methods . Scotiabank gives it in monthly payments for 12 months while CIBC gives it in 8 equal payments over 12 months.

Even now you can put more money into a GIC. A GIC is nothing special that is done only for visa purposes.

Basically the Canadian government wants to ensure that people have a Garunteed source of income.

Now whether you use it to subsidize your rent or buy an iPhone is not something they can control, but that's the idea.

Reactions: noelvictoria