+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Returned After Approved

Glaucius

Dec 14, 2022
Hi, I need help with a complicated situation, I tried to find it on the forum and didn't find anything similar.

I did an application for the GIC on CIBC bank (Simplii), my deposit got approved, got the instructions to download the confirmation to send to IRCC for my study permit, I downloaded and sent it, and everything was ok on the Simplii platform, but I needed to postpone my term to Fall 2023 due to only got my SP in the same date as the deadline of the college, so in September I changed the date of my arrival on the Simplii platform to August 2023, everything was fine, a few days ago I entered the platform and to my surprise my funds where returned (they didn't notify me about this return), I sent a message and they said that some data was wrong... Ok, I got my money back.

My SP was approved as I said before, do I need to make another GIC?... This situation can cause me problems in the POE?... I'm not planning to make another GIC because now I'm afraid to have this happening again and not having the money available on my arrival, if I didn't log in to the platform I didn't even know it was returned...also, don't know how they approved if they "didn't get the money" as they said to me.

BTW, I'm gonna pay the full year's tuition upfront, did that before but needed to ask refund due to didn't make it this year, my main concern is having trouble in the POE due to not having the GIC anymore.

Thanks in advance!