+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Problems in Pakistan

tahirzaman

Mar 9, 2023
Hi guys. I'm applying for 2023 September intake and I've opened my GIC account in CIBC Bank but im facing problem in transferring funds to that account from Pakistan i have my pkr account in meezan bank lahore and they're saying we can send dollar from you pkr account and second problem is that due to Pakistan's current economical situation it is not allowed to send dollars outside the country. What possible solution for that is available last date to pay GIC is 27 march 2023.
Thanks

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I’m also curious if it’s still possible to get GIC from Pakistan using PKR account.
Also if one is applying under non-Sds, can one still get GIC?

zaryab65

May 5, 2023
Hi guys. I'm applying for 2023 September intake and I've opened my GIC account in CIBC Bank but im facing problem in transferring funds to that account from Pakistan i have my pkr account in meezan bank lahore and they're saying we can send dollar from you pkr account and second problem is that due to Pakistan's current economical situation it is not allowed to send dollars outside the country. What possible solution for that is available last date to pay GIC is 27 march 2023.
Thanks
Did u got any solution?? My bank is also saying me to dollar account then they can send my GIC to canada

Sep 23, 2023
My gic fund was not accepted due unfortunately wrong date of birth I just want to know how long it will take to refund in my Pakistani bank account (ubl) and how long it will take to repay my gic from Pakistani bank ubl to Canadian Scotia bank

zaryab65

May 5, 2023
My gic fund was not accepted due unfortunately wrong date of birth I just want to know how long it will take to refund in my Pakistani bank account (ubl) and how long it will take to repay my gic from Pakistani bank ubl to Canadian Scotia bank
Don't worry it happens sometimes.... your GIC amount will be reversed in a couple of days... and once they reach in your UBL account u can initiate again... one thing important... just ask for receipt from UBL when your transaction is done from their side... and share that information with Scotia bank...