+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic payment Through Thomas Cook India

Dinkar

Oct 28, 2016
I have done my Gic payment through thomas cook india on 10th Nov,2016. But, now its 9 days and I haven't received my gic certificate yet. I have gone through many reviews and mostly people are saying that its a bad idea for transferring money through thomas cook, because it takes many days to complete the process( My consultant asked me to do this type of transfer ). I don't know what to do now, as the deadline for file lodging is 1st december. Can anybody have some suggestions regarding this?

VIVEKGHAVRI

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
File Transfer...
16-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2016
LANDED..........
15 DEC 2016
All you need to do was to transfer the funds from your own Bank account instead of these third party Networks.

My advice is to Call Scotia bank on 000-800-100-7460 (Toll free India) and provide the details they ask, They will tell if they received your funds or not and when will your GIC will be issued !

Hope this helps !

Dinkar

Oct 28, 2016
Yes, now my consultant send me the swift code through which the payment has been done and it was done on 17 nov. Now, I am planning to call them and send them a mail regarding gic certificate.

Well can u tell me what will they ask me when I call them?.. So that I can arrange the documents well before they ask.

Thanks for your reply. Only 1 document left and that is Gic and everything else is completed. I hope in this week I'll get that, otherwise it can spoil a year for me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The fact you have a swift code doesn't mean that Scotiabank will accept the money - the swift code means nothing. It's possible the transfer may be refused and returned by Scotiabank. If that happens you will have to send the transfer again, this time directly from your bank rather that through a third party.

VIVEKGHAVRI

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
File Transfer...
16-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2016
LANDED..........
15 DEC 2016
Dinkar, They'll ask for Scotiabank email id during creating GIC account (ask your agent if you dont know ), Passport no.with expiry date,Full Name, Address current, College and Scotia bank Investment account number. Give all the details correctly and Call them, And one thing, They rarely reply emails. So Be Careful.

Hope this Would be Helpful.

Dinkar

Oct 28, 2016
If I'll transfer the money again, then there is no time left for me to lodge the file because the deadline is 1st dec. I called scotiabank and they are saying they haven't received my money. I think I lost the chance going for January intake.

Well if the money is transferred on 17 nov, then in how much time it will reach there?.... You think I have time left for file lodging. These consultants are totally fraud. They are only playing with people's lives.

And If they refused my payment, then how'll I know I got my money back?.. I am totally confused and broken now.I don't know what to do

VIVEKGHAVRI

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
File Transfer...
16-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2016
LANDED..........
15 DEC 2016
Look, For Application, I'll advise you to go for May Intake or Sept, Cuz January is over now. Talking about refund, Contact thomas cook, they usually returns money with some charges if receiver doesnt receives Money.

It takes 3-5 working days in most of the cases (No. matter whether its swift transfer or any other transfer) to reach the funds to them, and after that it takes 2-3 working days Hardly to get the GIC certificate. If you have sent money on 17th, Then wait Untill Wednesday, If they still doesnt receives Funds, Contact thomas cook and IF anyhow They receives your fund, Most Probably they will reject them.

So i advise you to resend your Funds from your own bank account and Get Ready for May intake because its never too early.

I wish you all the best. Never get Depressed, Agents dont care about someones future, all they care is comission or Money. So Bro, Get relaxed and Act Clever and Do all the process wisely as Stated by Canadian Embassy and High Commission.

shantosydney

Dec 7, 2017
I have done my Gic payment through thomas cook india on 10th Nov,2016. But, now its 9 days and I haven't received my gic certificate yet. I have gone through many reviews and mostly people are saying that its a bad idea for transferring money through thomas cook, because it takes many days to complete the process( My consultant asked me to do this type of transfer ). I don't know what to do now, as the deadline for file lodging is 1st december. Can anybody have some suggestions regarding this?
hai
have you got the gic certificate? i had also applied through thomascook.

deepsd

Oct 14, 2018
Hey, did you got your certificate??