+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC NOT received (Sep intake 2019)

Sreyam

Star Member
May 13, 2019
n

no, in my case i was told by my bank(hdfc)about the mismatch on the very first day. so i started my process of fixing it before it reached scotia bank and got it sorted.i had a address mismatch and it took almost 10 days for me to get it sorted. untill then my money hadnt reached there.
n

no, in my case i was told by my bank(hdfc)about the mismatch on the very first day. so i started my process of fixing it before it reached scotia bank and got it sorted.i had a address mismatch and it took almost 10 days for me to get it sorted. untill then my money hadnt reached there.
for me In my bank receipt received on payment date my ordering customer portion First name surname and address is exactly same as of my passport but beneficiary customer portion (field 59) my bank filled my name same as on passport no issue but in address portion its written ''Canada Canada" is there a problem for that??

Sreyam

Star Member
May 13, 2019
But still, name and address mismatch problem will happen only after receiving the money right? Or automatically will it get rejected? Someone told me that, first fund will be recieved by scotia after that only they will check about First name last name and address matching, but in my situation they have not recieved the money yet
for me In my bank receipt received on payment date my ordering customer portion First name surname and address is exactly same as of my passport but beneficiary customer portion (field 59) my bank filled my name same as on passport no issue but in address portion its written ''Canada Canada" is there a problem for that?? can u reply

Sreyam

Star Member
May 13, 2019
look,if you dont have any problem with your wire details sent by your bank then the money will reach there for sure. in case of mismatch of essential details the problem will occur otherwise the money will reach there.
can you reply? for my previous comment about field 59??

kaysc

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
can you reply? for my previous comment about field 59??
hey , what i know is this that the details that you have given to scotia bank while filing their application is what they match your wire details with. in case of any mismatch found with the details sent on your wire and details that they have they, will reject the funds in most cases.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
for me In my bank receipt received on payment date my ordering customer portion First name surname and address is exactly same as of my passport but beneficiary customer portion (field 59) my bank filled my name same as on passport no issue but in address portion its written ''Canada Canada" is there a problem for that??
In my case they filled
Beneficiary address = my Indian address
Beneficiary country= Canada
Remitter address = same as passport
Remitter country= India
When I contacted ICICI banker, he said "we do it all the time" it's fine.
So Canada is ok

Reactions: kaysc

kaysc

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
hey , what i know is this that the details that you have given to scotia bank while filing their application is what they match your wire details with. in case of any mismatch found with the details sent on your wire and details that they have they, will reject the funds in most cases.
in my case, my address sent on wire and address with them was not at all matching it was a mistake by me. then i got my address changed with scotia bank by sending them address updation instructions via email, they had t changed before my funds had reached them. hence when funds reached them my details were matching. the thing is i was told by my bank (hdfc in india)that the address is not matching with scotia bank address. they were getting mails from scotia bank that my address isnt matching and this would get my funds rejected, so they asked me to get it changed before funds would reach them. fortunately funds were held in india by hdfc before i had my address updated with the one that scotia bank had. hence everything was sorted. the whole thing took around 20 days .

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
in my case, my address sent on wire and address with them was not at all matching it was a mistake by me. then i got my address changed with scotia bank by sending them address updation instructions via email, they had t changed before my funds had reached them. hence when funds reached them my details were matching. the thing is i was told by my bank (hdfc in india)that the address is not matching with scotia bank address. they were getting mails from scotia bank that my address isnt matching and this would get my funds rejected, so they asked me to get it changed before funds would reach them. fortunately funds were held in india by hdfc before i had my address updated with the one that scotia bank had. hence everything was sorted. the whole thing took around 20 days .
These banks totally sucks.. idk why they take so much time.. u knw my file is ready except gic I transferred funds on 4th July..
ICICI bank usually give gic certificate in 4-5 days
If I knew that, I would have opted ICICI Canada

kaysc

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
i
In my case they filled
Beneficiary address = my Indian address
Beneficiary country= Canada
Remitter address = same as passport
Remitter country= India
When I contacted ICICI banker, he said "we do it all the time" it's fine.
So Canada is ok
if bank isnt saying anything then your details are ok. wait for the funds to reach there . hope for the best

kaysc

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
These banks totally sucks.. idk why they take so much time.. u knw my file is ready except gic I transferred funds on 4th July..
ICICI bank usually give gic certificate in 4-5 days
If I knew that, I would have opted ICICI Canada
seeing the effort that i had to put to get my stuff sorted with scotia bank i would highly suggest people to go with cibc or icici . if you have time then you can go with it too but remember scotia bank will check all these details and then only it will approve.

kaysc

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Did u get mail from Scotiabank regarding mismatch or Scotiabank sent mail to hdfc
no, my bank hdfc had told me this in the very beginning, hence i started my process of getting it updated. they will not send any mail regarding your mismatch. they will send it but it would be final one with your rejection status.then you cant do anything but wait for funds to reach you and then send it again to them with your updated and fixed details.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
no, my bank hdfc had told me this in the very beginning, hence i started my process of getting it updated. they will not send any mail regarding your mismatch. they will send it but it would be final one with your rejection status.then you cant do anything but wait for funds to reach you and then send it again to them with your updated and fixed details.
I wish we could use Swift details as proof of fund transfer. Well, which college/uni u applied