File Transfer...
11-July-2014
Med's Done....
Yaaad ni date hun :P
VISA ISSUED...
30-7-2014
LANDED..........
Jaldi hi
Hello everyone, I have open account in scotia bank using the bank details of bank of maharashtra, now i am facing some problems in transfering 10100 $ from that bank because they are asking about my pan card, which can take upto one month to come to me if I apply today. So I decided to transfer my amount from ICICI bank. I talked with Scotiabank Student GIC Customer Service toll-free phone number, they told me that you have to email us the details of the icici bank. it will take 5 business days to update your account details. Will it create any problem in future?? :-\

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
only transfer the amount after they update the details of your new bank account.

if you send amount from the account which is not written on you application, then entire amount will be remitted back to india and will not be accepted.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
meagan99 said:
only transfer the amount after they update the details of your new bank account.

if you send amount from the account which is not written on you application, then entire amount will be remitted back to india and will not be accepted.
I am done with my wire transfer for GIC via ICICI bank.
Now I have got a receipt from ICICI bank about the details of transfer.
Do I need to mail it to Nova scotia bank , as a proof or what?

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
sirneeva said:
Hello everyone, I have open account in scotia bank using the bank details of bank of maharashtra, now i am facing some problems in transfering 10100 $ from that bank because they are asking about my pan card, which can take upto one month to come to me if I apply today. So I decided to transfer my amount from ICICI bank. I talked with Scotiabank Student GIC Customer Service toll-free phone number, they told me that you have to email us the details of the icici bank. it will take 5 business days to update your account details. Will it create any problem in future?? :-\
What do you mean by saying that i used a bank account to open the account in nova scotia bank?
You can send the money from any account.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
What do you mean by saying that i used a bank account to open the account in nova scotia bank?
You can send the money from any account.
??? no, when we fill our application form to open account in nova scotia, we have write on application form the account from which money will be transferred. this is specifically mention in app. form

B. Indian Bank Information for Wire Payments (SWIFT/TT)
Please provide the details about the Indian bank from which you will be wiring money to open your Scotia
Investment Account and purchase your GIC. You may transfer funds from any bank in India where you hold an
account in your name. The bank account must be held in your name only (or, in the case of a minor a joint bank
account with parent(s)). If you request, and qualify for, a refund (see Section F) at a later date we will transfer the
appropriate funds only to the bank detailed below.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
meagan99 said:
??? no, when we fill our application form to open account in nova scotia, we have write on application form the account from which money will be transferred. this is specifically mention in app. form

B. Indian Bank Information for Wire Payments (SWIFT/TT)
Please provide the details about the Indian bank from which you will be wiring money to open your Scotia
Investment Account and purchase your GIC. You may transfer funds from any bank in India where you hold an
account in your name. The bank account must be held in your name only (or, in the case of a minor a joint bank
account with parent(s)). If you request, and qualify for, a refund (see Section F) at a later date we will transfer the
appropriate funds only to the bank detailed below.
I didnt mention any bank details.
Secondly i transferred money from my dad's account. :)

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
I didnt mention any bank details.
Secondly i transferred money from my dad's account. :)
really?? did you do all by yourself or through agent?? if agent, then maybe he filled it for you.
if yourself, then I AM STUNNED.
dad's account?? whoa!! now i just cant move.

i don't have the ability to understand- how you did this. (maybe you were then required to send receipt to get money credited ) but in my case i didn't send them anything after wire transfer

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
meagan99 said:
really?? did you do all by yourself or through agent?? if agent, then maybe he filled it for you.
if yourself, then I AM STUNNED.
dad's account?? whoa!! now i just cant move.

i don't have the ability to understand- how you did this. (maybe you were then required to send receipt to get money credited ) but in my case i didn't send them anything after wire transfer
I did it myself dude and yes i sent them a receipt.This is nothing my two colleagues sent it from western union guy as they were getting cheaper dollar rates. :)
ALL THEY NEED IS f 10,000$. :p

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
I did it myself dude and yes i sent them a receipt.This is nothing my two colleagues sent it from western union guy as they were getting cheaper dollar rates. :)
ALL THEY NEED IS f 10,000$. :p
lol i never thought scotia bank will implement regulations so poorly :-[. in their PROGRAM GUIDE, they have written the following:

You will be required by the Canadian High Commission, India to remit $10,000 CAD to Scotiabank for your Scotia Investment Account plus $100 CAD to cover administrative fees, for a total of $10,100 CAD.
The funds must be wire transferred only from a bank in India where you hold your account (in your own name or jointly with your parent(s) otherwise the money will be returned. Funds will be accepted only if the name of the sender and beneficiary (recipient) is the same.

NOTE: Funds from other sources such as Money Exchange House, Money Transfer Services, and Third Party Services OR payments received from a third party (e.g. parents, relatives, friend, etc.) are not permitted. Intermediary banks usually charge a fee for wire transfers. Please advise your bank in India that Scotiabank must receive $10,100 in full and any charges/ fees (e.g. wire transfers/SWIFT/TT) will be paid by you.

program guide link: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/files/14/04/SSGP_Program_Guide_INDIA_May2014.pdf
it is written at the end of page no. 2 and in starting of page no. 3

still good for you that you got GIC without much hassle. :D :) ;D

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
meagan99 said:
lol i never thought scotia bank will implement regulations so poorly. in their PROGRAM GUIDE, they have written the following:

You will be required by the Canadian High Commission, India to remit $10,000 CAD to Scotiabank for your Scotia Investment Account plus $100 CAD to cover administrative fees, for a total of $10,100 CAD.
The funds must be wire transferred only from a bank in India where you hold your account (in your own name or jointly with your parent(s) otherwise the money will be returned. Funds will be accepted only if the name of the sender and beneficiary (recipient) is the same.

NOTE: Funds from other sources such as Money Exchange House, Money Transfer Services, and Third Party Services OR payments received from a third party (e.g. parents, relatives, friend, etc.) are not permitted. Intermediary banks usually charge a fee for wire transfers. Please advise your bank in India that Scotiabank must receive $10,100 in full and any charges/ fees (e.g. wire transfers/SWIFT/TT) will be paid by you.

program guide link: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/files/14/04/SSGP_Program_Guide_INDIA_May2014.pdf
it is written at the end of page no. 2 and in starting of page no. 3
I have read that buddy.
:)
so the OP is cool as long as he have sent all the dollars.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
u have proved that :)

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Email them the new bank details of your ICICI account, along with your passbook or some proof, and call them on the number and remind them of the same.

sirneeva

Mar 13, 2014
Ludhiana
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with File
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
File Transfer...
11-July-2014
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
30-7-2014
LANDED..........
Jaldi hi
priyanair said:
Email them the new bank details of your ICICI account, along with your passbook or some proof, and call them on the number and remind them of the same.
hmmm doing the same, I have a talk with the scotia bank's officials , they told me to do so, so I am. :)

sirneeva

Mar 13, 2014
Ludhiana
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with File
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
File Transfer...
11-July-2014
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
30-7-2014
LANDED..........
Jaldi hi
Yesterday again I have a talk with Scotia Bank's Officials , the person told me its not a problem if you want to transfer your funds from another bank, you don't need to provide us any details about this,he said only provide us information if you change your college or if there is any change in your passport no. but on 13 june when I called them, their official told me I have to send an email regarding bank details changed, and it will take 5 business days to update my account information.
What they are doing?
Someone is saying different thing and other is saying completely different.
Whom should I believe? :-\ :-X

robininerjyot

Oct 19, 2017
NEW DELHI
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
03/10/2017
greetrings

i opened my GIC account in ICICI BANK CANADA . i was thinking that i will open my personal account in scotiabank when i reach canada . so it is possible that the monthly amount that i will get be recieved i scotiabank .