+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC certificate not received yet.apply visa without GIC or wait?

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi all,

My bank has transferred the cash for Gic on 7th july ....it'll take a week minimum to get the gic certificate. ..but now dueto the huge volume of applications at this time, it might get even more late.

my question is should I go forward and apply with just the proof of swift transfer receipt from my bank or should I wait for the gic. This is the only remaining document now. I have a feeling that the more late I apply for visa, the more time it is going to take to get visa...

If I apply for visa by July 3rd week , considering the processing time itll take 3 weeks or more ....n if all goes well a visa decision will b gvn in august 3rd week maximum.... I dunno if I ll have enuf time to buk tickets n fly aftr this..

Any suggestions?

thanks for taking the time to read.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ru applying under SPP? then no u need GIC
under any other category u can use bank statements and ITR of ur sponsors but dont use the transfer receipt

"Applications will not be accepted by VFS under the Student Partner Program without a copy of the formal GIC document issued by Scotia Bank. No wire transfers or bank remittances will be accepted as a proof of purchase of a GIC."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-SPP-liste-etudes-PPE.aspx

Reactions: kingdaibon

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
@mead....applying under university category. .. my parents are working in the middle east...so there is no ITR to be shown. .. but only financial documents I hv are a letter from bank sayin I hv 20 lakhs FD in dads account (been there for more than a year) and bank statements but the final amount in bank statement is just 50k.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
preethy.wils said:
@ mead....applying under university category. .. my parents are working in the middle east...so there is no ITR to be shown. .. but only financial documents I hv are a letter from bank sayin I hv 20 lakhs FD in dads account (been there for more than a year) and bank statements but the final amount in bank statement is just 50k.
u dont need GIC for university category however u need proof of financial support use the following link for details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
in my opinion u shouldnt use FD as primary proof of financial support use liquid funds in bank.

also if u dont have ITR then u should add payslips/paystubs etc to prove steady income

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have my dads salary certificate too...will that be fine. ..I dnt hv lump sum liquid amount in bank which can be shown as bank statement. ..thats the issue :(

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same scenario. don't want them to rush with my application just because I sent it too late. that's why I'd say try applying for January session if you don't receive GIC soon. I'm doing that too. Even if you submit it late July and they think you deserve a visa but it's not possible to start your studies immediately then they'll ask you to get another LOA (transferring your fees to next session) so don't rush.

S-Singh

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Toronto, CANADA
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
14 May,2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 2014
Anyone applied under SPP without GIC is considered as general catagory application.
So,you can't take risk.. scotia bank will send you GIC certificate as early as possible because the also know about time left for visa processing for Sept. intake.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Guys don't be in a hurry.
Even i have transferred the fund on 7th June and i am quite confident that we all have enough time.

Simrat12

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
don’t lodge ur file without a Gic plz .... i also fall under non spp college that is university category but i got refused due to not submitting Gic ... dun do this plz ..., i dun want somebody to suffer the same as i did .... best of luck

kingdaibon

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hi all,

My bank has transferred the cash for Gic on 7th july ....it'll take a week minimum to get the gic certificate. ..but now dueto the huge volume of applications at this time, it might get even more late.

my question is should I go forward and apply with just the proof of swift transfer receipt from my bank or should I wait for the gic. This is the only remaining document now. I have a feeling that the more late I apply for visa, the more time it is going to take to get visa...

If I apply for visa by July 3rd week , considering the processing time itll take 3 weeks or more ....n if all goes well a visa decision will b gvn in august 3rd week maximum.... I dunno if I ll have enuf time to buk tickets n fly aftr this..

Any suggestions?

thanks for taking the time to read.
It’ll take at least 8 weeks to get your visa. 10 days transit time + 6 weeks processing time.

Nisi Swetha

Jul 21, 2021
I've done my GIC payment to Scotia bank on 15th of july 2021,on 22nd it got rejected due to name mismatch. Yet i haven't got my money back and its been a month already. Please someone guide me.. I've done the transfer from union bank of india now both the bank not considering this issue seriously and not responding properly... Guide me what step i need to do next