+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC address issues

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
I have sent a wire payment for my GIC Scotia Bank on 5th June,2018. My Indian account was debited and Swift receipt received. However there were two addresses on the Scotia Bank Instructions page :

1)Sending Instructions to:
The Bank Of Nova Scotia
44King street West Toronto...
Swift code:NOSCCATT

2)Beneficiary Bank Info(Field 57)
The Bank of Nova Soctia
Transit 35972
4715 Tahoe Blvd,Mississauga,Ontario...
Swift code: NOSCCATTCOL

So I have entered the Benificary address in the form. And SWIFT receipt shows the same, but what is the use of the 1)SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO: ??

Because the Swift Receipt message header shows "Bank of Montreal" while Beneficiary shows 2)Beneficiary Bank Information(Field57). So is there any mistake in the Swift transfer?

kaur_sandeep7

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I have sent a wire payment for my GIC Scotia Bank on 5th June,2018. My Indian account was debited and Swift receipt received. However there were two addresses on the Scotia Bank Instructions page :

1)Sending Instructions to:
The Bank Of Nova Scotia
44King street West Toronto...
Swift code:NOSCCATT

2)Beneficiary Bank Info(Field 57)
The Bank of Nova Soctia
Transit 35972
4715 Tahoe Blvd,Mississauga,Ontario...
Swift code: NOSCCATTCOL

So I have entered the Benificary address in the form. And SWIFT receipt shows the same, but what is the use of the 1)SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO: ??

Because the Swift Receipt message header shows "Bank of Montreal" while Beneficiary shows 2)Beneficiary Bank Information(Field57). So is there any mistake in the Swift transfer?
I deposit my funds to SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO's Address. And I successfully received my GIC investment direction certificate after 2 days.

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
I deposit my funds to SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO's Address. And I successfully received my GIC investment direction certificate after 2 days.
So you did'nt have the Beneficiary details Option in your wire transfer form? Or you put the Send Instructions address in benificiary field? And which bank did you initiate the wire transfer from?

kaur_sandeep7

Star Member
May 25, 2018
So you did'nt have the Beneficiary details Option in your wire transfer form? Or you put the Send Instructions address in benificiary field? And which bank did you initiate the wire transfer from?
And yeah in beneficiary details I used my own details of India o_O

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
And yeah in beneficiary details I used my own details of India o_O
Thanks. So I have filled my Indian address in Beneficary information (field70) and Bank beneficiary info(field59) I have filled the Mississauga address. Do you think this address will be wrong?

kaur_sandeep7

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Thanks. So I have filled my Indian address in Beneficary information (field70) and Bank beneficiary info(field59) I have filled the Mississauga address. Do you think this address will be wrong?
You got your swift copy of wire transfer, now wait for 1 week atleast. If you'll get your gic certificate then it's alright, no worries.

Nikhil Das

Feb 9, 2019
Mumbai
Thanks a Ton. Hoping for the best.
Hey Harshal, I'm facing the same issue here. I have been given 2 bank details. Did you get your GIC certificate ? And if yes, which bank details did you send the payment to ? "Send instructions" one OR the Beneficiary Bank Info one ?

Nikhil Das

Feb 9, 2019
Mumbai
Hey guys I'm having same doubt which address should we use ?
Use this bank address to transfer the money for GIC (Scotia)

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

* Make sure the bank from where you will be transferring the money from should have the same address as mentioned on your passport.

Aashu Bedrae

Apr 28, 2019
Use this bank address to transfer the money for GIC (Scotia)

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

* Make sure the bank from where you will be transferring the money from should have the same address as mentioned on your passport.
Thank you so much

Sammm123

Dec 2, 2019
I have created my gic account in Scotiabank with passport address ( old address) but in my bank account it is new address
Soo what to doo now? I haven’t transferred my funds yet
Urgent reply plss

bhatiaplk

Nov 17, 2020
hello!
my address is 475 jaspal nagar gali no 5 amritsar
and my address in my bank is 475 jaspal nagar gali no 5 near paras karyana store amritsar