+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Im getting ghost update in my Pr tracker for spouse Pr application everyday Monday to Friday. My wife’s file was recvied on 27 july 22 and medical bio are done and Now its showing eligibility has been updated to complete.. But it still showing Ghost updates on Pr Tracker ??
Scroll couple of pages earlier - IRCC explained on Twitter that those are not GUs. When the tracker downloads latest data from your file from the servers the timestamp changes. Only GCKey tracker has real GUs.

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
So i am getting updates everyday from last two weeks but i guess they are nothing .. was getting happy for no reason that my file was worked on

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
It is evident that following the latest system update in January, the "last updated" date is being modified on a daily basis except on weekends. Hence, this is a system-wide update that is affecting all users.
Despite the fact that three tracking systems are in place, costing potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to build and maintain, they are currently not providing any useful information and are just a terrible waste of resources sadly.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
As per IRCC, the last updated date now just means (and perhaps always did), when the data the tracker is showing you was last pulled from their system.

In my case this is actually relevant - the "Last Updated" date in the tracker was stuck at Nov xx 2022 for a long time (this was the case for many of us). In reality, they had actually started working on my Eligibility in Dec 2022, and completed it in Jan 2023, but the tracker still showed "Not Started".

Finally after the system update in January, my Eligibility in the tracker went from Not Started to Completed, and now in the history section it shows it went to "In Progress" actually back in December, but the tracker just wasn't showing that.

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
As per IRCC, the last updated date now just means (and perhaps always did), when the data the tracker is showing you was last pulled from their system.

In my case this is actually relevant - the "Last Updated" date in the tracker was stuck at Nov xx 2022 for a long time (this was the case for many of us). In reality, they had actually started working on my Eligibility in Dec 2022, and completed it in Jan 2023, but the tracker still showed "Not Started".

Finally after the system update in January, my Eligibility in the tracker went from Not Started to Completed, and now in the history section it shows it went to "In Progress" actually back in December, but the tracker just wasn't showing that.
Exactly my point; why have a tracker if it doesn't show real-time updates. A lot of the time there are actual updates but the tracker doesn't show those until 3 - 4 weeks later.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
some people theorize that agents have the option to turn off the updating... which seems to have been the case for me, unless this was just a coincidence.

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Exactly my point; why have a tracker if it doesn't show real-time updates. A lot of the time there are actual updates but the tracker doesn't show those until 3 - 4 weeks later.
Reading the comments from IRCC, one could argue it's intentional they are not showing us the information in real time, seems they have chosen the obfuscasion route, this am sure is frustration for many people.
Also they have an issue with the date format, that is inconsistent across the website, leading zero for the day versus no leading zero.
I would rather have the updated field not show as updated, if nothing has changed.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
It is evident that following the latest system update in January, the "last updated" date is being modified on a daily basis except on weekends. Hence, this is a system-wide update that is affecting all users.
Despite the fact that three tracking systems are in place, costing potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to build and maintain, they are currently not providing any useful information and are just a terrible waste of resources sadly.
Agreed! I have the online tracker and the GCKey. Is ECAS the third one? I can't access that because I'm online. Someone also mentioned that GCKey shows ghost updates and are now the only reliable source to know your app has been opened on their end. What does a GU look like in GCKey? The only fields that have ever changed for me are when they updated the status of my husband's medical and biometrics as having passed. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

finallyfree

Jan 11, 2023
can always rely on IRCC to implement changes to make their inner workings more obscure and hard to figure out. if the data was being pulled on a daily basis, the last updated field provides no value (assumption would be the information is up to date, except the weekends).

one one hand they tout more transparency by making all these trackers available. At the same time, they implement more black holes into the process with no visibility or processing standards, such as the virtual landing portal. some of us went through the entire PR process, only to now be stuck in the virtual landing queue for months with no transparency, no processing standards and no recourse.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
can always rely on IRCC to implement changes to make their inner workings more obscure and hard to figure out. if the data was being pulled on a daily basis, the last updated field provides no value (assumption would be the information is up to date, except the weekends).

one one hand they tout more transparency by making all these trackers available. At the same time, they implement more black holes into the process with no visibility or processing standards, such as the virtual landing portal. some of us went through the entire PR process, only to now be stuck in the virtual landing queue for months with no transparency, no processing standards and no recourse.
Assumption is correct related the 1st part. What’s the virtual landing queue?