+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Did anyone notice that the ghost updates on the new tracker system are significantly less frequent now compared to before?
My wife's application "Last Updated" shows Dec 5, 2022 despite IRCC receiving the additional documents they requested on Dec 15, which I am assuming should show up as an update on the system

Reactions: Fhughton

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
Did anyone notice that the ghost updates on the new tracker system are significantly less frequent now compared to before?
My wife's application "Last Updated" shows Dec 5, 2022 despite IRCC receiving the additional documents they requested on Dec 15, which I am assuming should show up as an update on the system
Hi, I think some VOs don’t care about updating the tracker. I’ve got PPR on December 15, sent my passport and received it back with COPR already, meanwhile my tracker has not been updated since Dec 1. Eligibility still shows in progress and background not started. Don’t trust the tracker :)

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Good Morning. We received DM yesterday in ECAS. New PR Tracker still has Dec 7 date and "in progress". GCKEY account went from "no interview required" to "interview cancelled Jan 9th", even though we had an interview in December. That's it. No other communication. We have had the pre-arrival letter since July 2021.

Last edited:

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Last update on December 5 for Medical request. Medical Passed in GCkey but still in progress on Tracker. Eligibility and Background check 'Not Started' in New Tracker but Background in Process and Eligibility in Reviewing in GCkey. It is odd!

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
It's so frustrating to see new applicants (may and beyond 2022) receive PPRs now while most of us Dec 2021 are still waiting... Most of those applications are being processed in Ottawa and Sydney, NDVO, Manila, etc... I'm not mad at the applicants but the system just sucks!

The IRCC released news on Dec 22 that they've somewhat regained control over the backlog (not sure I believe that) but they assured that they're now processing most family apps within the pre-pandemic norm: 12 months ... although the processing time page still shows 17 months.

In other words, my family has been beyond patient and still no end in site... Unfair system to say the least

frange

May 25, 2018
It's so frustrating to see new applicants (may and beyond 2022) receive PPRs now while most of us Dec 2021 are still waiting... Most of those applications are being processed in Ottawa and Sydney, NDVO, Manila, etc... I'm not mad at the applicants but the system just sucks!

The IRCC released news on Dec 22 that they've somewhat regained control over the backlog (not sure I believe that) but they assured that they're now processing most family apps within the pre-pandemic norm: 12 months ... although the processing time page still shows 17 months.

In other words, my family has been beyond patient and still no end in site... Unfair system to say the least
The fact that Quebec has set a limit (Quotas) of immigrants compare to other provinces increasing the deadline process its immigrants.
That why you see other province's file move faster.
The quotas is renewing every year according to Quebec's will.

It all about Quebec with its Quotas rules; not Ottawa.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
The fact that Quebec has set a limit (Quotas) of immigrants compare to other provinces increasing the deadline process its immigrants.
That why you see other province's file move faster.
The quotas is renewing every year according to Quebec's will.

It all about Quebec with its Quotas rules; not Ottawa.
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where you got this info? Is there an outlet I can read? Thanks