+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

frange

May 25, 2018
I am really not sure if those ghost updates mean anything; I have had around d 8-10 in October so far (Latest was Oct 17) but when I asked my local MP office for updates with regards to my wife's application, the details they sent me showed that nothing had been started yet as shown below:
  • Your Sponsorship application was received on March 28, 2022 and is being processed at the Beirut office.
  • The eligibility of your application: not started
  • Security verification: not started
  • Assessment of criminality: not started
  • Medical: passed
  • Other Comments: no pending documents at the moment.
Only other thing I can think of is if the MP had access to a different platform and simply just extracted the information from there as opposed to actually talking to someone from IRCC.
GU always mean something and we all new that.
Once you receive a GU, it means that an officer was checking your file even for consultation OR updates.
We always receive something after one or many GU.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
I am really not sure if those ghost updates mean anything; I have had around d 8-10 in October so far (Latest was Oct 17) but when I asked my local MP office for updates with regards to my wife's application, the details they sent me showed that nothing had been started yet as shown below:
  • Your Sponsorship application was received on March 28, 2022 and is being processed at the Beirut office.
  • The eligibility of your application: not started
  • Security verification: not started
  • Assessment of criminality: not started
  • Medical: passed
  • Other Comments: no pending documents at the moment.
Only other thing I can think of is if the MP had access to a different platform and simply just extracted the information from there as opposed to actually talking to someone from IRCC.
This information sounds like what an IRCC agent would tell you over the phone because your file is outside of Canada. Your MP was nice enough to have someone call IRCC to get this info. Mine shuts me down with the 23-month processing delay on the website. It sucks that these vos are not accountable for ghosting applicants as much as they want. You're better off requesting your GCMS notes to know what's REALLY going on with your application.

Reactions: GL2019

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
#New tracker PR everything is completed.
* Eligiblity
* Medical exam
* Background verification
#GCKEY
*We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
*We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
That's wonderful!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU. Now let's wait for that CORP and PPR!
Happy that one of us is starting to see the end of the tunnel:D

Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

Waseem2k24

Sep 6, 2022
Hi , so i logged in the ecas and there my application status changed from , in progress to decision made . But no update on gckey or tracker . Anyone knows what’s happening, i mean is the ppr near or something.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi
I got pre arrival in may 2022 stuck at background after that no update
Tried calling MP they r not helping
Raised webform no reply
Ordered gcms notes no update (additional tension)
Emailed new delhi no response
Applied visitor visa no response
Anything apart from this i missed let me know so i will try

Last edited:

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
That was all completed since May 29,2021
Nothing new now just waiting for COPR and PPR
That sucks. I hope you get your PPR soon.

This information sounds like what an IRCC agent would tell you over the phone because your file is outside of Canada. Your MP was nice enough to have someone call IRCC to get this info. Mine shuts me down with the 23-month processing delay on the website. It sucks that these vos are not accountable for ghosting applicants as much as they want. You're better off requesting your GCMS notes to know what's REALLY going on with your application.
I second this. Our MP's office is also nice enough to contact the IRCC but honestly the updates aren't any different from the tracker.

We still didn't receive our GCMS notes (requested August 13). Last GU is October 21! They seem to have slowed down lately with just one or two updates a week.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi , so i logged in the ecas and there my application status changed from , in progress to decision made . But no update on gckey or tracker . Anyone knows what’s happening, i mean is the ppr near or something.
One thing is certain. Tracker, GCKey, and ecas are all out of sync. In all IRCC applications there are specific milestones that you look for in all three systems. Those are Eligibility/Pre-Arrival, Biometrics, Medical, Background, Decision, CPOR, PPR, PR Card Issued. IRCC typically does not flag any of those milestones as complete in error, and you should view your file status as accurate based on the completed milestone that is furthest along in the process for the primary applicant AND any listed dependents in the three systems if you are a paper applicant (Tracker, GCKey, ECAS), or two systems (Tracker, GCKey) if you are an online applicant. In your case decision made in ecas (access to this system only applies to paper applications unfortunately), tends to point to a good thing in which the next step is CPOR and PPR. I suggest you keep monitoring to see if COPR is updated, and monitor your email for an inbound message from IRCC. No matter what, congratulations on your decision made milestone completion.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
My last ghost update was on Oct 14. I'm going 10 days strong without any updates!!!! Yikes!o_O
I hear you. My last update was 17th after several weeks of updates almost every day. I am curious if there are many examples in this form of ghost updates then a pause just before COPR? But I have not crawled through the forum entries to check the trends... At least yet. :) I am curious if there is any typical pattern to the ghost updates other than the time when most of the ghost updates are made is during the CSIS check.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus