+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

frange

May 25, 2018
Not true
I got pre arrival in may
Its been more than 5 months still I didn’t received PPR
Did you have everything completed in the tracker? If so, when?
I got pre-arrival in August 5 but at that time i did have ONLY admissibility completed.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hi , i got pre arrival today . Anyone knows how long it takes for ppr from here.?
I have only seen 2 other Pakistani applicants on this forum so far who applied in September 2021 and it took them almost exactly 1 year (since they submitted their application) to get the passport request. So they applied in September 2021 and got their passport requests in Sept 2022. Also, for one of them, it looks like they got their pre-arrival letter alongside their COPR/PR, so it looks like time in between pre-arrival letter and passport request for last few applicants was very small. Also, you applied on November 1st 2021, so IF your app is following what might be a trend of 1 year total processing time, then you could get your PPR soon...But again I would still have a healthy dose of skepticism about when your PPR will come because processing of Pakistani applications have slowed down on average since last year (if you look at the spreadsheet, lots of Pakistanis who applied last year got PPR in 6 to 9 months but that doesn't seem to be the case this year).

Reactions: Waseem2k24

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Generally speaking Pre-arrival means admissibility is completed and it is the main thing at this stage.
So, without BG completed, it means nothing and NO ONE can predict the PPR deadline as long as the BG isn't completed.
Exactly. I received pre arrival in July 2021

Portgas D. Ace

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Can u share ur timeline plz
Hi our VO is Sydney, we submitted our application in December 6 (outland spouse sponsorship).
We received the pre-arrival services letter June 1, 2022, after that we received a lot of ghost updates until October 11,2022 but we are still waiting for COPR and PPR.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi our VO is Sydney, we submitted our application in December 6 (outland spouse sponsorship).
We received the pre-arrival services letter June 1, 2022, after that we received a lot of ghost updates until October 11,2022 but we are still waiting for COPR and PPR.
What about background?

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
I am really not sure if those ghost updates mean anything; I have had around d 8-10 in October so far (Latest was Oct 17) but when I asked my local MP office for updates with regards to my wife's application, the details they sent me showed that nothing had been started yet as shown below:
  • Your Sponsorship application was received on March 28, 2022 and is being processed at the Beirut office.
  • The eligibility of your application: not started
  • Security verification: not started
  • Assessment of criminality: not started
  • Medical: passed
  • Other Comments: no pending documents at the moment.
Only other thing I can think of is if the MP had access to a different platform and simply just extracted the information from there as opposed to actually talking to someone from IRCC.