+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hey. I took a closer look on the pr tracker and a new activity entry appeared on September 29: "We received your enquiry". Not sure if it stems from my webform at the end of August or the one I sent this week... You receive enquiries but you don't respond :rolleyes: SMH

• Haha
Reactions: Kiikii and GyanLula

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
My latest ghost updates are: Sept 22, 29, 30 and Oct 3. I honestly don't see the point of having these ghost updates and will probably end up getting tired of checking.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
My latest ghost updates are: Sept 22, 29, 30 and Oct 3. I honestly don't see the point of having these ghost updates and will probably end up getting tired of checking.
I don't see the point in checking either as I really don't think they mean anything (unlike the real GU in GCKEY, which DO mean something) However, 20 months in, unable to get GCMS notes, and MP unable to reach IRCC after being on hold for 4 hours, and not hearing from IRCC since last July 2021, it's the only thing keeping me going

• Wow
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
I had 10 Ghost updates since August 25 before I got movement again today with Background verification completed.
For a second I thought it was just another GU... checking every day and not seeing any news makes you just assume there is nothing... :p
That makes all the steps completed in PR tracker.

• Love
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I had 10 Ghost updates since August 25 before I got movement again today with Background verification completed.
For a second I thought it was just another GU... checking every day and not seeing any news makes you just assume there is nothing... :p
Today your background check complete in pr tracker?

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
I've gotten 28 ghost updates with absolutely no real update whatsoever. You're so lucky and congrats you're almost there!

Reactions: Runedog

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I have absolutely no doubts that these new tracker ghost updates mean something. My application had stalled after my husband's medical in March. I checked the tracker everyday, and it would go a month or two between 'update' dates. Starting in July, the ghost updates became more frequent, and as the weeks went on, more and more ghost updates. All of a sudden, our eligibility and background check passed, and now we have a CoPR number generated in the new tracker as of today. It can't be a coincidence. Just have patience. I see so many people who applied in May '22 talking about their application taking too long. The service standard is 12 months. Patience is needed.

Charlie2208

Aug 27, 2022
I have absolutely no doubts that these new tracker ghost updates mean something. My application had stalled after my husband's medical in March. I checked the tracker everyday, and it would go a month or two between 'update' dates. Starting in July, the ghost updates became more frequent, and as the weeks went on, more and more ghost updates. All of a sudden, our eligibility and background check passed, and now we have a CoPR number generated in the new tracker as of today. It can't be a coincidence. Just have patience. I see so many people who applied in May '22 talking about their application taking too long. The service standard is 12 months. Patience is needed.
When did you apply just curious to know .I am april 2021 applicant

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
Congratulations, not long now for your wait to be over, pop some champagne!!!

I’ve read from many sources asking the IRCC about the new tracker ghost updates (one of them was an actual screenshot of the twitter chat with the IRCC official account) stating that they mean an officer is accessing your file and you will see these updates until the officer is ready for an actual outcome of your application. So it’s definitely not just a glitch or a system update!