+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
IRCC have said they will go back to pre COVID processing time. It was 12 months before. 80% of all completed applications will be processed. The The other 20% will take longer than a year. Since everything has been completed according to your PR tracker, you most likely fall in the 80% category.
i thought is just for 2022 applications so you think they spoke about all year application that already submit in ircc ? For 2021 and 2020 aswell ?

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
IRCC have said they will go back to pre COVID processing time. It was 12 months before. 80% of all completed applications will be processed. The The other 20% will take longer than a year. Since everything has been completed according to your PR tracker, you most likely fall in the 80% category.
I have not seen my husband for two years and now I have to wait more after everything is complete. :| so funny

mappie

Jul 25, 2022
I waited 4 months for AOR after that I started reaching IRCC through webforms. Still no reply. Couldn’t reach over phone as well.
So submitted online application in Apr 2022
Waited another 4 months for AOR

• Wow
Reactions: GyanLula

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
I am rooting for the people I have come to "meet" on this forum and you my dear, are one of them. I LOVVVE seeing and reading your comments.
Awwwwww thank you so much sis. It's a mutual feeling. Thank you for encouraging others, especially me, and creating this thread. I can't wait to read good news from all of us on this thread!!!

• Love
Reactions: Kiikii and GyanLula

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi
Really ? They said they process all applications till end of year ? 2021 applications or 2022 ?
I read the Minister's news conference at the end of August and he said that they're aiming to process ALL backlogs from all different business lines. Right now, there are 500,000 apps still pending in the family sponsorship class (2.4 million overall). He didn't specify if they'll focus on a specific year.

• Love
Reactions: GyanLula and Kiikii

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
I believe everyone coming here to find some compassion like me. It's been 4.5 months since my wife passed medical exam and no real update except ghost updates once a week or less. Total 10 months since I submitted the application (paper) and here are the current status

- Eligibility in progress
- Medical passed
- Background yet to start
- Biometric received

One thing I found common with all of you is that on Aug 1st it says "We received your enquiry" and that's the last meaningful update. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Is there any obligation for IRCC to issue the visa before the medical exam expired?

TIA
Hey, I read someone having to redo the medical because it expired while waiting for the decision... I may be wrong but that's what I read in one of the threads...

Reactions: Kiikii

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
I read the Minister's news conference at the end of August and he said that they're aiming to process ALL backlogs from all different business lines. Right now, there are 500,000 apps still pending in the family sponsorship class (2.4 million overall). He didn't specify if they'll focus on a specific year.
It’s a great news
Hope all of us get ppr soon

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Yo Gyan the amount of (racism) i dont know if thats the right term of Given high priority i can see on reddit mega thread is mind boggling! all applications that you will come across of US/NZ/Aus/Uk citizens get processed within 2-3/4 months for inland or outland spouses... its just crazy i am not surprised

MEGATHREAD - Processing times - Permanent Resident applications (2022) : ImmigrationCanada (reddit.com)
That's what I wrote my MP. I called IRCC out on their tendencies and that's maybe why his office never contacted me again lol. But it's true. A friend of mine works there and said that they do look at the applicants' countries of origin: who will quickly settle and contribute to the Canadian economy... It's unfair to say the least.

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hmmm.... you are doomed. Don't worry though, we are right with you. In all honesty though, we don't get treated fairly. If your application isn't being processed in Ottawa and it is instead being worked on in an Asian or an African country, have no expectation as to when you will receive your PPR.

My husband passed his medical exam exactly 3 months ago yesterday. They asked for his PCC on the 13th of June and that was the last time we heard of anything.
Thank you. Which VO handling your husband's application and when did you submit the application?

sacaimm

Aug 5, 2022
Do those ghost updates also mean that the agent is working to refuse our applications? I'm asking because we just had an interview recently, and I'm afraid that our applications may be refused :( I get my GUs almost every day
Can you please share your timeline? Specifically when you found out you will have an interview and how long after was it scheduled? I’m asking because I sponsored my spouse and his eligibility has been in progress since May 2022. When he emailed the VO they said he is in line for an interview but we haven’t received any formal email since then

Reactions: jrahman

hoahoa

Jul 25, 2017
I have a friend, she did fake marriage to a Canadian. It took her $65k, inland. They sent the application in December 2021, received request for medical exam in the end of January, she passed the medical exam in the 2nd week of Feb 2022, COPR in the end of March 2022. So it's totally about 3.5 months.

I'm very frustrated. When I had real qualification from a public college in Canada, real job at CRA (more than 1.5yrs), real marriage to a Canadian and still haven't had PR yet. (Applied in January 2022, inland, paper).

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
good morning hun. Lol i hope its true... my husband jokes, few days my life is in shambles when i dont see any movement and then i see some progress with an GU i am happier lmao... He keeps me sane lol thank god

• Love

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
I have a friend, she did fake marriage to a Canadian. It took her $65k, inland. They sent the application in December 2021, received request for medical exam in the end of January, she passed the medical exam in the 2nd week of Feb 2022, COPR in the end of March 2022. So it's totally about 3.5 months.

I'm very frustrated. When I had real qualification from a public college in Canada, real job at CRA (more than 1.5yrs), real marriage to a Canadian and still haven't had PR yet. (Applied in January 2022, inland, paper).
I HATE this so much it hurts

• Angry
Reactions: Kiikii