+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
I wish that is true to be honest because it least it gives us hope that something is happening, but based on what I have read about people going through their GCMS notes; they checked the dates when they got update on system against actual notes and most of the time there were no entries or anything else that indicates updates, so not sure. Hopefully someone is actually doing some work on the file, one can only hope
Whats your timeline

Reactions: MariOTh

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Guys I just checked my account again and it has since been updated. What the actual eff? This is actually pissing me off now. Like wth does it mean? In a matter of 5 minutes, it went from not updated to updated. Not going to lie though, I like when it has been "updated". Someone please take one for the team and call IRCC and ask!!!

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Guys I just checked my account again and it has since been updated. What the actual eff? This is actually pissing me off now. Like wth does it mean? In a matter of 5 minutes, it went from not updated to updated. Not going to lie though, I like when it has been "updated". Someone please take one for the team and call IRCC and ask!!!
Makes you feel positive... i would just like it to be as is

Reactions: GyanLula

MedinJune

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Just confused with PR tracker Ghost updates. I know on GCKEY login it does show it as "updated" with no real update on our end and that would be our ghost update but i cant figure it out on PR tracker.
On PR Tracker, Every time i login it's shown as "last updated= today's date"

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
Hi there,
I am also joining the ghost update charade; I've got 19 with absolutely no news.
Eligibility has been in progress since the beginning ofJune, and while I was holding hope these updates meant they were working on something, I got an email from the VO saying my application is in the queue to be reviewed by an immigration officer :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kiikii

Jakka2

Sep 3, 2021
Germany
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
11-12-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-02-2021
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-11-2021
Med's Request
10-05-2021
Med's Done....
26-05-2021
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-09-2022
I got updated today as well. Guys those updates doesn’t mean anything on the pr tracker. It is just a hype. Don’t based your hopes on those updates. However, if seeing them boost your morals,then good. We all need something to keep our spirits up!

Jakka2

Sep 3, 2021
Germany
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
11-12-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-02-2021
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-11-2021
Med's Request
10-05-2021
Med's Done....
26-05-2021
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-09-2022
Furthermore, the term “ghost update” is applicable only with the GCKey. Thus, using it with the pr tracker is inappropriate.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Furthermore, the term “ghost update” is applicable only with the GCKey. Thus, using it with the pr tracker is inappropriate.
I get that it was originally referring to ghost updates on GCKey. But it doesn't make them on the new tracker any less of a ghost update. And it's certainly not 'inappropriate'. I log in, the tracker says it's been updated, but nothing has changed. What would you call that? Literally a ghost of an update.

Hi there,
I am also joining the ghost update charade; I've got 19 with absolutely no news.
Eligibility has been in progress since the beginning ofJune, and while I was holding hope these updates meant they were working on something, I got an email from the VO saying my application is in the queue to be reviewed by an immigration officer :rolleyes:
I've had 25 without any real update. Sometimes it updates every day. Sometimes it'll go weeks without an update. Hard saying what it means.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
In my application I received every single day ghost update but nothing change .

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
Hi there,
Need to be patient i guess...got around 24+ ghost updates (+ or - 2/3 ) before getting update stating that bg check has been updated from ' not started' to 'completed' ....this was on august 31st....and after a couple more ghost updates, finally got it- the PPR request mail....and the COPR details got updated in the tracker as well....hope all get it soon.....

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
Need to be patient i guess...got around 24+ ghost updates (+ or - 2/3 ) before getting update stating that bg check has been updated from ' not started' to 'completed' ....this was on august 31st....and after a couple more ghost updates, finally got it- the PPR request mail....and the COPR details got updated in the tracker as well....hope all get it soon.....
God I hope. Patient is all we can be at this time! Hopefully we all hear something soon and congratulations on your PPR

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
What's your timeline? When did you apply?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Considering this is not official terminology, saying that it is only "appropriate" to refer to "ghost updates" in the context of GCKey is nonsense.

Yes we don't know for certain that they mean anything, but we also don't know for certain that they don't. Saying anything to the contrary of this is just speculation.

There is anecdotal evidence that people have received major updates after receiving frequent "ghost updates" in the new tracker, so we can only hope they mean something.