+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates - how do you know you got one?

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Has anyone had any luck? I also had a ghost update on Oct 27! Oct 3 had an interview because on physical presence i was one day off about when I returned to Canada after a small vacation and the officer needed to verify. That day everything was updated to completed again except for background. Does anyone know if that means officer still checking background although it was complete from before? Then after that it was just the ghost update. We’re in the new year and nothing yet. Everyday I feel like I’m going crazy and I’ve reached the end! Also this forum has gone dead. I hope it’s because everyone got their oath invite :)

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
I also got a Ghost update on Oct 27, first time since I passed my test in Mar 2023.

Here is my timeline:

1. Applied Nov 2022
2. AOR Feb 2023
3. Background Verification Completed Mar 2023
4. Citizenship test completed March 26 2023

Does anybody have an idea if we can expect to hear something soon from CIC for the ones who got a ghost update on Oct 27?

Also, my friend applied through a registered agent with IRCC and she got oath ceremony email with in 40 days from the test passed date. I am not sure how does that work. If we apply via an agent, then IRCC do not check anything?
Hello any update?