+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost update?

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
but we aren't sure if that is a real one or just a glitch
at least there is something . i would be happy getting a glitchy ghost also.
tired to logging on GC key with no update at all. its almost mid December with winter break waiting around the corner.

JUBA2020

Nov 17, 2020
Yes, ghost update. Things are moving.
Hello Guys. Happy Holidays.

I wanted to find out from anyone who might know if IRCC is waiting to give a response whether someone is approved or refused only after they have given the biometrics, for those who applied after September 15. Or if someone's application was refused they will tell them even before the biometrics is done?

Odogwu_Nwoke

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello Guys. Happy Holidays.

I wanted to find out from anyone who might know if IRCC is waiting to give a response whether someone is approved or refused only after they have given the biometrics, for those who applied after September 15. Or if someone's application was refused they will tell them even before the biometrics is done?
Generally, IRCC withholds their final decision until the Biometrics is submitted, especially in a situation where the application is headed towards an approval.

Still, I read here sometime last week of someone whose application was rejected a day after their application was submitted, and IRCC asked them to wait a few days for a refund of their $85 biometrics fee. Well, I was shocked to hear of that case. That's like a lady instantly rejecting a man at the very same spot and time he asked her out. But, yeah, it happens!

Last edited:
Reactions: rijol verma

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
Generally, IRCC withholds their final decision until the Biometrics is submitted, especially in a situation where the application is headed towards an approval.

Still, I read here sometime last week of someone whose application was rejected the next day he submitted the application, and IRCC asked them to wait a few days for a refund of their $85 biometrics fee. Well, I was shocked to hear of that case. That's like a lady instantly rejecting a man at the very same spot and time he asked her out. But, yeah, it happens!
So wat about review required after the eligibility was recommended passed.. could it be a technical glitch or leading to rejection?

JUBA2020

Nov 17, 2020

Still, I read here sometime last week of someone whose application was rejected the next day he submitted the application, and IRCC asked them to wait a few days for a refund of their $85 biometrics fee. Well, I was shocked to hear of that case. That's like a lady instantly rejecting a man at the very same spot and time he asked her out. But, yeah, it happens!
Wow, that's strange and harsh at the same time, sigh. I re-applied over two months ago after refusal, but I think late last month I got a ghost update. Not sure what thay meant but I hoping for the best. The coubtry I applied from is back in red with COVID so the VAC closed again and cancelled all the appointments.

• Wow
Reactions: Odogwu_Nwoke

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

There could be any number of reasons why that could happen, most likely because their application was incomplete or missing information.

Reactions: Odogwu_Nwoke

Gagan 55

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hey buddy,
I applied on oct 24. Sds. Gave biometrics on nov 30. 2020. I got four ghost updates. In quick succession. This week.
one one Thursday ,one Saturday and two today.
but nothing was changed. Everything was as it is. Not even the Medical’s or eligibility. I got the biometrics update on gc key on 30 nov itself.
is approval around the corner ?
Any update brdr?

Mo_steady

Dec 22, 2020
My girlfriend got accepted for a postgraduate program in mohawk college, her application was submitted OCT 1, her biometrics and medicals have been done and submitted. Her status changed to reviewing eligibility Nov 27 and it’s been like that since. On Dec 8 she got an email from support@icent saying they recently just received her visa confirmation. Please does anyone know what this means and why her ircc portal hasn't been updated