Ghost update question

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear forum users,

I have my AOR on Dec 27, meds passed on Jan 17 and biometrics done on Jan 20.

Today on Apr 1 (or mb this week) i have received a Ghost update. I check my profile weekly.

Any idea if it's GH1 or GH2? I never received Ghost update after passing Medicals and biometrics (at least i did not observe any).

Any clue what stage i am at? Please suggest. Thank you.

Edit:
Here are details of the application

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 17, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • January 17, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • January 20, 2020 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does one know a ghost update has taken place when there are no changes to the status?

topsb

May 25, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Do all applicants receive ghost updates? If there is no ghost update does it mean that my file is not been processed.

Please I would really appreciate an answer because some applicants who have same AOR as I do have received ghost updates while I have not. AOR is DEC 20, FSW candidates.

Thank you.

Nov 9, 2017
Dear forum users,

I have my AOR on Dec 27, meds passed on Jan 17 and biometrics done on Jan 20.

Today on Apr 1 (or mb this week) i have received a Ghost update. I check my profile weekly.

Any idea if it's GH1 or GH2? I never received Ghost update after passing Medicals and biometrics (at least i did not observe any).

Any clue what stage i am at? Please suggest. Thank you.

Edit:
Here are details of the application

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 17, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • January 17, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • January 20, 2020 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi Can you please provide an update? I just saw a ghost update today after checking my account after a few weeks. My AOR was last year in June and background check still says in progress; would like to know what the ghost update may indicate and how long before I actually hear from CIC. Thanks.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Can you please provide an update? I just saw a ghost update today after checking my account after a few weeks. My AOR was last year in June and background check still says in progress; would like to know what the ghost update may indicate and how long before I actually hear from CIC. Thanks.
I ordered GCMS notes in mid April, got them after a month. My application was approved just when i saw my ghost updates.
No PPR email yet because of the quarantine i believe.
Good luck to you!

Reactions: Harry5

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
a ghost update while backgroud check is in process is a sign of good news or atleast it used to be.
Please I would like to know, must everyone get a ghost update before receiving their PPR? and can one receive it few hours or days to his ppr?

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please I would like to know, must everyone get a ghost update before receiving their PPR? and can one receive it few hours or days to his ppr?
No one can answer for sure.
Some people get updates just like i did. Some people don't get them. There is no way to tell.

Reactions: Mauriss and jauhari