+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost Update on 18 Apr 2021

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,

Noticed ghost update this morning. Its 6th or 7th ghost update on my TRV application. Not immediate family.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi,

Noticed ghost update this morning. Its 6th or 7th ghost update on my TRV application. Not immediate family.
Ircc posted on their Twitter account on processing already in progress applications and getting everyone ready for when they will lift the restrictions for ease of travel and to reduce backlogs in future. Guess that's why you got one ...your application is underway

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Looks like ghost updates are deemed irrelevant off lately.
My mom's TRV was submitted on 27th April 2021,
sent a webform to prioritize the application on 29th April 2021,
receoved forst Ghost update on 30th May 2021, the second ghost update was on 6th June 2021.

Wait is on.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
receoved forst Ghost update on 30th May 2021, the second ghost update was on 6th June 2021.

Wait is on.
Don't fret; ghost updates show activity in your file, even though not visually indicated. It's a positive step.

Rose0305

Jun 12, 2021
Hello I applied for visitors visa march 2021 and there was no change since then.
Checked today and saw my status changed from submitted to application/profile update and back to submitted again within some minutes ..
Please does anyone have an idea what that means

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hello I applied for visitors visa march 2021 and there was no change since then.
Checked today and saw my status changed from submitted to application/profile update and back to submitted again within some minutes ..
No one really knows exactly what a ghost update is but some people speculate that it could mean that there is a visa officer working on your profile and he updated something that isn't visible to you, others say it is just a system glitch. Personally I think it could be both, sometimes the system does glitch and sometimes people get a reply within a couple of hours/days from a ghost update.

Reactions: Rose0305

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
Hey l did get a ghost update last night same as what you got. It's interesting waiting to see what's about to come out!! All the best to you.

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018

Wait is on.
Hey I got 2 ghost updates too on my parents trv application after raising the webform.
Was wondering if anything worked out for u.
I'm really confused if I should wait since its 20 days I raised webform to prioritize, or can we raise another webform.
Would love to know any update on ur case.
Thank you

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Hey I got 2 ghost updates too on my parents trv application after raising the webform.
Was wondering if anything worked out for u.
I'm really confused if I should wait since its 20 days I raised webform to prioritize, or can we raise another webform.
Would love to know any update on ur case.
Thank you
IRCC says clearly to not send multiple webforms to prioritize the application processing. It is best to wait it out. A ghost update is just a kind of activity on the application.

I haven't received any update since the 6th June, just waiting.

Reactions: ABMM