+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost update for Citizenship Application today, Aug 17.

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
So I just got a ghost update for citizenship application, but none of the bullet details were updated (all are still in progress, but citizenship test is completed last march). Some of the people i know got their email for oath taking today, but not ours. :(

Anybody who received some updates today?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
So I just got a ghost update for citizenship application, but none of the bullet details were updated (all are still in progress, but citizenship test is completed last march). Some of the people i know got their email for oath taking today, but not ours. :(

Nothing for me so far. My last update was on July 21 when the citizenship test was marked as complete. Everything else (except Background check) is in progress and oath ceremony has not started.

Could you please share your timeline?

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Nothing for me so far. My last update was on July 21 when the citizenship test was marked as complete. Everything else (except Background check) is in progress and oath ceremony has not started.

Could you please share your timeline?
I actually dont track my timeline (i admit im lazy lol)
Application received - May 28, 2021
Application started/In progress - July 19
Ghost update - October 8 and 11
Invitation for citizenship test - Feb 25 in the web, but email was received Feb 28, 2022
Citizenship test taken March 8
Citizenship test completed - March 24
Ghost update - August 17

That's all. How about yours?

Reactions: Wandering Mind

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017

Hi I also received a Ghost update today. Not sure what it is about. I Applied in December and received AOR in Feb

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I actually dont track my timeline (i admit im lazy lol)
Application received - May 28, 2021
Application started/In progress - July 19
Ghost update - October 8 and 11
Invitation for citizenship test - Feb 25 in the web, but email was received Feb 28, 2022
Citizenship test taken March 8
Citizenship test completed - March 24
Ghost update - August 17

That's all. How about yours?
Paper application (family of 3)

Application sent: June 04, 2021

Application received: June 07, 2021

AOR: Sept 16

Background check completed: January 2022

Invited for citizenship test: June 2022

Test taken: June 2022

Test marked as completed: July 21

Everything else still in progress or not started.

Good luck to us!

Reactions: ms.eheads

magica56

Sep 1, 2022

hello do you got any news or updates after 17 august? i passed the test on may 31 and i just got a ghost updated on august 29... still waiting

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
hello do you got any news or updates after 17 august? i passed the test on may 31 and i just got a ghost updated on august 29... still waiting
Sorry for the very late reply. After that ghost update, everything on the application went completed, except for the citizenship ceremony. Comes September 14, citizenship ceremony was updated to in progress and stated that we have our oath taking on Oct 6. And the last 3 days, we already received the email for the zoom link and further details for the online ceremony. Yay! Hope yours as well moved. :)

Reactions: Mthornt

magica56

Sep 1, 2022
Sorry for the very late reply. After that ghost update, everything on the application went completed, except for the citizenship ceremony. Comes September 14, citizenship ceremony was updated to in progress and stated that we have our oath taking on Oct 6. And the last 3 days, we already received the email for the zoom link and further details for the online ceremony. Yay! Hope yours as well moved. :)
Wonderfull newsss !! congrattsss !! how many days after the ghost update display on your profile have you seen all the bullets goes to completed, I mean on green color. i didn't have any news since may 29 :(

anandvksin

Jun 16, 2014
I completed my test back in July 2022. On Nov 10th got a ghost update but nothing changes. Everything else including Oath is still in Progress. Any idea if I can expect to get an update ?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I completed my test back in July 2022. On Nov 10th got a ghost update but nothing changes. Everything else including Oath is still in Progress. Any idea if I can expect to get an update ?
After my ghost update on August 16, 2022, I got BG Completed on August 18, 2022 and got the Test Invite on Tracker on August 29, 2022

ag8912

Sep 24, 2022
Hi
Congratulations, how many days after your ghost update did they go from in progress to completed ? I had a ghost update Oct 8 and just got another one dec 17 but nothing changed yet .