+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost email and no ecas update (to DM)

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
I received ghost email on Saturday 3rd Oct at 7PM. I haven't seen any changes in my ECAS yet. Are you aware of anyone with similar issues where a ghost email is received in final stages of application and no update has been made?. Is it heading for a refusal? I think everyone with similar timeline has DM on their ECAS and some of them even received PPR

ECAS:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 20, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 20, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 25, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

MY CIC:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Timeline:
CEC-Inland NOC 2172
ITA: July 17th
AOR: Aug 20th
Schedule A for spouse Sept 18th Sent on Sept 20th
Ghost Email: Oct 3rd

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iliv4u4ever said:
I received ghost email on Saturday 3rd Oct at 7PM. I haven't seen any changes in my ECAS yet. Are you aware of anyone with similar issues where a ghost email is received in final stages of application and no update has been made?. Is it heading for a refusal? I think everyone with similar timeline has DM on their ECAS and some of them even received PPR

ECAS:

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 20, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

MY CIC:

Timeline:
CEC-Inland NOC 2172
It just means someone opened your file. No worries.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
It just means someone opened your file. No worries.
Hey dobes what about your application changed to updated then submitted again , then next day a ghost email but nothing happend..

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
Hey dobes what about your application changed to updated then submitted again , then next day a ghost email but nothing happend..
Actually, that exact thing happened earlier this week with an open work permit renewal application I submitted before I got PR. It just means someone opened the file. In my case, I hope they are getting ready to send me a refund! :D

eilsf87

Oct 5, 2015
iliv4u4ever said:

ECAS:

MY CIC:

Timeline:
CEC-Inland NOC 2172
Yep, exact same as you - ghost email on Oct 3, 6PM - no update or DM to ECAS. I have been checking religiously and also checking this forum. I haven't seen anyone get DM since Oct 3... Please, don't let it be a bad sign. Can you let me know if you get DM - thanks!

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Actually, that exact thing happened earlier this week with an open work permit renewal application I submitted before I got PR. It just means someone opened the file. In my case, I hope they are getting ready to send me a refund! :D
Haha you will get refund for sure ..and this is so confusing that sone people get DM after same thing but some got nothing

rgainza

Aug 14, 2015
I thought I was the only one:

Updated - back to Submitted in app - Friday Oct 02
Ghost email - Saturday Oct 03

ECAS - In Process (it has been like that for weeks)
No DM.

Saw in other forum that 2 person that received ghost email yesterday got DM in ECAS today.

Please, let's keep each other posted on this.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgainza said:
I thought I was the only one:

Updated - back to Submitted in app - Friday Oct 02
Ghost email - Saturday Oct 03

ECAS - In Process (it has been like that for weeks)
No DM.

Saw in other forum that 2 person that received ghost email yesterday got DM in ECAS today.

Please, let's keep each other posted on this.
I think we are the lucky ones who gonna get direct PPR without DM haha just b positive

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
think everyone got a ghost email last weekend, they were doing system upgrades so it might have just triggered for everyone. I got it at 10pm on sat, doubt there were people working in CIC on applications at 10pm on a saturday night

eilsf87

Oct 5, 2015
Just to let everyone know - I got PPR last night with no DM in ECAS. (AOR Jul 21) So it does happen!

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
I received PPR last night. No Ghost emails -- no updates in ECAS or MY CIC --- just email asking me to send passports

I think when we received our "Ghost" emails around Oct 3rd, a decision was made but ECAS wasn't updated--- This explains the timeline in getting our PPR's

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
It said updated on my CIC and came back to submitted, but no email or updates anywhere. :-X