+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghanaian work permit processing times

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
Happy new year all!
-
Has anyone applied for a Canadian work permit from Accra recently? I filed my application on Oct 21st and still no response.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
Lashen- I had been working in the US; came home to work but couldn't really find anything so I decided to apply to the Canadian branch of the US company I had been working for. Unfortunately reading the treads on the forum I am thinking my work permit visa is going to be rejected because I think the accra visa office is focusing more on permanent residences versus work permit or student visas. In January I applied for a PR via express entry just in case. Let's see what happens.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Bediako said:
Lashen- I had been working in the US; came home to work but couldn't really find anything so I decided to apply to the Canadian branch of the US company I had been working for. Unfortunately reading the treads on the forum I am thinking my work permit visa is going to be rejected because I think the accra visa office is focusing more on permanent residences versus work permit or student visas. In January I applied for a PR via express entry just in case. Let's see what happens.
PR visa express entry is much faster!!

ABPS

Feb 15, 2017
Bediako said:
Happy new year all!
-
Has anyone applied for a Canadian work permit from Accra recently? I filed my application on Oct 21st and still no response.
I submitted an application on 6 Oct 16. Still waiting for a response. Quite frustrating. That's 132 days pending compared to the 4 weeks they mention on their site.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
ABPS said:
I submitted an application on 6 Oct 16. Still waiting for a response. Quite frustrating. That's 132 days pending compared to the 4 weeks they mention on their site.
Yes I think the 4 weeks is a joke. I think the real timeline is more like 26 weeks (i.e., similar to Nigeria). I will start panicking when my application goes by then. Incidentally is your job permit for NOC0111?

ABPS

Feb 15, 2017
No idea on that. The application is handled by a lawyer. I only submitted my details to him.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
ABPS said:
No idea on that. The application is handled by a lawyer. I only submitted my details to him.
ABPS- If you don't mind me asking, is your work permit supported by an LMIA or are you an intercompany transfer?