+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GF Coming to Canada for 3 months

Btremblay

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

My girlfriend is coming to visit me in Canada for 3 months. She is 21 years old from the U.S.A. She is currently unemployed since her last job did not permit her leaving for a 3 month period. She is also not attending school at the moment. My concern is lack of ties. She leaves in 2 days and we would bot be devastated if she got denied. She will have over $1,500 in her bank account to show but that is about it. She does have a mother and father to return home to. She is not eligible to get a credit card either.
Also what should she say to the border officer? Right now she plans to tell them that she is visiting her boyfriend. Is that the right thing to do?
Any advise or tips or just comments to help calm the nerves are appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she shouldn't lie. Is she on summer break? The $1500 isn't much money so you or your family may be contacted to see if you are prepared to help her financially plus provide free housing and food. She may be asked what her plans are for the 3 months. Being from the US helps her case. You never know what will happen at the border but as long as she is only visiting and not helping you do work or household chores it will likely be fine. Not much you can do now so just think positive:)

Btremblay

Mar 14, 2019
Yes she shouldn't lie. Is she on summer break? The $1500 isn't much money so you or your family may be contacted to see if you are prepared to help her financially plus provide free housing and food. She may be asked what her plans are for the 3 months. Being from the US helps her case. You never know what will happen at the border but as long as she is only visiting and not helping you do work or household chores it will likely be fine. Not much you can do now so just think positive:)
She will be staying with my Mom and I during her stay here and she will absolutely not be working. Both my mom and I are ready to be contacted by border officers if need be. Lastly she does have a return ticket with her so she will be able to provide that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She will be staying with my Mom and I during her stay here and she will absolutely not be working. Both my mom and I are ready to be contacted by border officers if need be. Lastly she does have a return ticket with her so she will be able to provide that.
Just want to clarify that work can be helping your mom out doing stuff around the house like mowing the lawn, painting a fence, etc. so be careful what you say.

Btremblay

Mar 14, 2019
Just want to clarify that work can be helping your mom out doing stuff around the house like mowing the lawn, painting a fence, etc. so be careful what you say.
Okay I appreciate you pointing that out. I will let her know to watch what she says. I think everything will be fine. But thank you for your comforting comments and tips :)