+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting work permit while in Canada

xplen

Jan 28, 2012
Good day,

I am a Nigerian, with masters degree from the UK and I would like to work in Canada. I intend getting a 6 months visit visa to Canada, search for a job and if I'm lucky to be given an offer, I'd then apply for a work permit.

Please I need advice regarding this as i'm new to it and I don't want to make any mistake.

Thanks

OoElschOo

Sep 4, 2015
You need to find first an employer who is willing to process a LMIA for you and after he got approved you can get your work permit... Im not a professional but we are in the same situation right now but we are from Germany...

xplen

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for the response but is it possible to get such employer from outside Canada or one has to be in Canada to get one?

gio86

Sep 4, 2015
Re: get work permit PORT of ENTRY

Hi Guys im in the same situation! i got my positive LMIA on my name and i'm from a country exempted by visa. My job is a NOC B 6212 Food service supervisor skilled . THe questions that i would ask are the following:

a- in my lmia documentaion is written that the job IS NOT REGULATED, but the education that they required is secondary(as required by the employer, and not by the goverrnment) i have proof of evidence form my school but i don't have any evaluation such as WES etc.. can i also apply without recognized evaluation? Is it a deal between me and my employer in order to proof him my graduation or also the immigration could ask me somehting?
b- DO i need criminal records to show to them? i Have a chinese NO criminal record older than one year which i exploited to apply for another working holiday visa. I received this after i went away from china and i never turned back there. Is still valid even if is it older than one year?
c- I have my fingerprints from RMCP, they recorded my fingerprints, do i need to show to them a Canadian criminal record or is fine like this?
d-my wife has a valid study permit and she regualarly pay her tuition etc.. should i include her on my work permit? actually i wouldn't

THANK YOU very much in advance! I'm looking forward your answer.