+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting transcript from university of Calcutta

Gitasharma

Jul 4, 2018
Is it possible to get transcript from calcutta university by post instead of in person?
I am in Punjab and it would be quite difficult to visit calcutta.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Is it possible to get transcript from calcutta university by post instead of in person?
Talk to your University Students cell or examination department.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
I got mine recently, straightforward process which took a while because of the lockdowns.
Went to the campus on college Street, paid the fees (around rs 3900) submitted a transcript request form along with a copy of the registration certificate (mandatory)

They ask you to come back after a month which in my case stretched to more than five months thanks to the lockdown. When you go back they have your transcript prepared along with the registrar's sign and seal which could then be couriered directly by CU via speed post (included in the fee)

A representative can do this in case the applicant is not available at Kolkata. But a copy of the registration certificate is mandatory.

Reactions: PhdStream

Suradip

Sep 15, 2020
I got mine recently, straightforward process which took a while because of the lockdowns.
Went to the campus on college Street, paid the fees (around rs 3900) submitted a transcript request form along with a copy of the registration certificate (mandatory)

They ask you to come back after a month which in my case stretched to more than five months thanks to the lockdown. When you go back they have your transcript prepared along with the registrar's sign and seal which could then be couriered directly by CU via speed post (included in the fee)

A representative can do this in case the applicant is not available at Kolkata. But a copy of the registration certificate is mandatory.
Thanks for explaining the process in detail. I have couple of questions :
1. Did CU take care of sending Transcript by themselve ? or You took the responsibility of speed post delivery, mentioning CU's address ?

2. Is it possible for people staying out of Cal to courier documents and payment evidence (via SBI collect) to CU to initiate Transcript preparation?

Lastly, would be really helpful if you share any help desk or CU transcript personnel contact number.
p.s : I have failed to connect any of the numbers available in the rrg.pdf file.

Reactions: PhdStream

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
CU sent my transcript directly via speed post. That is a requirement by WES that the institution sends the docs directly.

I think it's possible to do the process remotely by couriering the documents along with a DD. But given that the process is not online, it will be much easier if there is someone coordinating things on the ground.

I think there are outfits who can do this for you for a fee. Not sure how good they are though

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
CU sent my transcript directly via speed post. That is a requirement by WES that the institution sends the docs directly.

I think it's possible to do the process remotely by couriering the documents along with a DD. But given that the process is not online, it will be much easier if there is someone coordinating things on the ground.

I think there are outfits who can do this for you for a fee. Not sure how good they are though
So they expect the applicant or a representative to bring the originals (Transcript, degree certificate, registration certificate) right? Moreover, while filling the application form how did you put your examination details, is the below format correct?

CollegeName Name of Exam Year Roll no Full Makes Marks obtain Result/Grade
ABC College Commerce Group 3A (Paper I and Paper II) 2008 xxx-yy-zzzz 200 185 H

Last edited:
Reactions: Suradip

keepsmiling25

Dec 9, 2021
I would like to thank MailTranscripts and team for their excellent work towards getting my transcript from Calcutta university. It seems to be like just a matter of getting a single document, but we should also know how the university works. I was not in Calcutta because of which I couldn't go to the university to get the transcripts, hence I opted for a service provider and they finished the entire process in 30 days. It was completely a hassle free process, I just applied online and submitted all the required documents, received the transcripts at my address. Excellent customer service deserves appreciation and I think MailTranscripts have done a great job!

beyou28

Feb 16, 2022
I was in need of a transcript from Calcutta university but was not in a position of visiting the university personally, so I took help of a service provider called MailTranscripts and I would definitely say they did an Amazing job. I was very well aware that university takes at least 2 months to provide this document but they got it done in a month. From the time I submitted my application, they took up the work and processed the application with utmost responsibility. The best way one can procure transcripts from Calcutta university is through MailTranscripts.