Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Hi Seniors,

Would it be possible to get the PR visa stamped from another VO other than processed VO?

My processing VO - Colombo & currently I am in USA. Want to check whether I can get the PR visa stampped in any of the US VO

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aran.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aran said:
Hi Seniors,

Would it be possible to get the PR visa stamped from another VO other than processed VO?

My processing VO - Colombo & currently I am in USA. Want to check whether I can get the PR visa stampped in any of the US VO

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aran.
Not possible.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
aran said:
Hi Seniors,

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aran.
It IS possible. You need to apply for PR from US and you will be processed by US based VO.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada0801 said:
It IS possible. You need to apply for PR from US and you will be processed by US based VO.
No, you cannot....NOT POSSIBLE.

Even if you apply for PR from US, one has the choice of selecting either his homecountry VO or the VO that caters to his present place of residence (In this case Buffalo (but now Ottawa).

Aran has selected Colombo VO as he is a citizen of that country and thus his VO cannot be changed to a US VO.

Mitali

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed. Not possible.

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with 2nd stage docs
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Thanks all for the info.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
mitali said:
No, you cannot....NOT POSSIBLE.

Even if you apply for PR from US, one has the choice of selecting either his homecountry VO or the VO that caters to his present place of residence (In this case Buffalo (but now Ottawa).

Aran has selected Colombo VO as he is a citizen of that country and thus his VO cannot be changed to a US VO.

Mitali
Mitali, why didn't you read before making a comment?

If you come to US and apply of course you can be processed in US.
Anyone who says it's "impossible" is blowing hot air.

Another question is whether it is feasible to do.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada0801 said:
Mitali, why didn't you read before making a comment?

If you come to US and apply of course you can be processed in US.
Anyone who says it's "impossible" is blowing hot air.

Another question is whether it is feasible to do.
:)....

canada0801.....Have you read Aran's question? And I was fully alert when I read/answered Aran's question.

Aran has chosen Colombo as his VO, thus his PP stamping ( a part of processing) will take place only in COLOMBO and not in US even though he is residing in US. THAT IS THE RULE.....one cannot change the VO......as it is not FEASIBLE.

Time to blow cold air..... :)

Mitali

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
mitali said:
:)....

canada0801.....Have you read Aran's question? And I was fully alert when I read/answered Aran's question.

Aran has chosen Colombo as his VO, thus his PP stamping ( a part of processing) will take place only in COLOMBO and not in US even though he is residing in US. THAT IS THE RULE.....one cannot change the VO......as it is not FEASIBLE.

Time to blow cold air..... :)

Mitali
Fail, mitali ::)

If the asker resides in US he or she CAN have visa stamped in US.
However, to achieve this they would have to submit an application , a whole new application (which is why I said it is not feasible, even though possible).
To say "it's impossible" is to rule out possibility of doing that (submitting a new app from US).
Therefore to say "it IS possible but not feasible" is more accurate.

Question is: what is the difference in Visa stamped in one geographic location vs another? Even if it was stamped on the Moon it would still be exactly the same Visa entitling the bearer to land in Canada as PR.
So, why bother?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada0801 said:
Fail, mitali ::)

However, to achieve this they would have to submit an application , a whole new application (which is why I said it is not feasible, even though possible).
To say "it's impossible" is to rule out possibility of doing that (submitting a new app from US).

Question is: what is the difference in Visa stamped in one geographic location vs another? Even if it was stamped on the Moon it would still be exactly the same Visa entitling the bearer to land in Canada as PR.
So, why bother?

:) :).........

Let us assume that you live on Moon (COLOMBO) and your current residential place is Mars (US). You have applied for PR application from Mars and your intent is to live on Earth (Canada). Your PR visas will have to be stamped either from Moon or from Mars; unfortunately you chose Moon as your VO. In that case according to OP 6. section 7.4 (Pg # 19) - "File transfers", your file CANNOT be transferred to Mars (US) visa office.

Under the "PROGRAM INTEGRITY" policy of CIC, the power to transfer files lies only with the VO. Leaving a visa
office’s territory alone, may not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file
transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

The current CIC rules prevents these kind of transfers.......maybe in the future it might change, if we give our suggestions and inputs to CIC, just as I have done.

Mitali

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mitali said:

Let us assume that you live on Moon (COLOMBO) and your current residential place is Mars (US)...
...maybe in the future it might change, if we give our suggestions and inputs to CIC, just as I have done...
Ma'am, ur resilience and dedication is amazing!

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
mitali said:

Let us assume that you live on Moon (COLOMBO) and your current residential place is Mars (US). You have applied for PR application from Mars and your intent is to live on Earth (Canada). Your PR visas will have to be stamped either from Moon or from Mars; unfortunately you chose Moon as your VO. In that case according to OP 6. section 7.4 (Pg # 19) - "File transfers", your file CANNOT be transferred to Mars (US) visa office.

Under the "PROGRAM INTEGRITY" policy of CIC, the power to transfer files lies only with the VO. Leaving a visa
office's territory alone, may not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file
transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

The current CIC rules prevents these kind of transfers.......maybe in the future it might change, if we give our suggestions and inputs to CIC, just as I have done.

Mitali
Dear Mitali,

If I gave my assessment of your reading comprehension skills then the site admin would probably ban me for using a denigrating word :)

Instead, let me once again reiterate what I said earlier:

Fail, mitali Roll Eyes

So, why bother?

If you had done what you evidently didn't (meaning, if you had read what I wrote and UNDERSTOOD IT) you would notice that I didn't mention anything about possibility of transferring a file from one to another office.
I only mentioned a possibility of getting a Visa stamped where the asking OP currently resides (he certainly CAN get Visa stamped in country X if he currently resides in country X , provided he meets conditions outlined in application for a visa). To do that he would have to submit a new application (which, although HE CAN do, yet is very inefficient and unfeasible thing to do).
Thus what you argue against is irrelevant to what I wrote.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)