+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting sponsorship and PR approval earlier than expected to be a problem?

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hi, this is my first post, and before all else I must state my admiration for all those who have shared their details here. It's been pretty much my sole resource through this application.

I have a simple (unlikely problematic) question:
I'm an applying for to sponsor my wife as an outlander in China. The 'estimated' times is currently listed at 13 months, which, although lengthy, isn't a problem. What I worry may become a problem is if it is unexpectedly approved and available much sooner than those 13 months, and as promised, I am to return home; how does one do this when my work contract (with details and dates laid within the application) expires at a given date (July 31th, 2017)?

I'm sure it's arranged to suit the expected date of return that was given in the application... but if not?

Thank you!
Darwin

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Grizzlyman said:
Hi, this is my first post, and before all else I must state my admiration for all those who have shared their details here. It's been pretty much my sole resource through this application.

I have a simple (unlikely problematic) question:
I'm an applying for to sponsor my wife as an outlander in China. The 'estimated' times is currently listed at 13 months, which, although lengthy, isn't a problem. What I worry may become a problem is if it is unexpectedly approved and available much sooner than those 13 months, and as promised, I am to return home; how does one do this when my work contract (with details and dates laid within the application) expires at a given date (July 31th, 2017)?

I'm sure it's arranged to suit the expected date of return that was given in the application... but if not?

Thank you!
Darwin
COPR expires on the same date as medical report which is valid for 12 months. If you apply next month and did medical upfront, then it is likely a routine case would be completed and approved well before the 12 months, which means the applicant will need to land before 12 months from the medical report.

Here's what you can do.

Even if the country specific guide asks you to do upfront medical, you can wait until a later date. This may put the total processing time a bit longer than doing upfront medical, but your COPR will expire at a later date.

If you want to return after July 31 2017, you can do 2 things:
1) apply now, but do not do medical until you are asked to do it later on...by the time everything goes through to SA and AOR2, it would likely be after July 31st
2) get all the documents ready, including police report, forms, evidence, etc., and then do the medical after July 31st...after which you immediately submit

The thing is, do you believe your case to be "routine"...that is, a reasonably long marriage, with kids, background/culture compatibility, etc. If it is, then you have a good chance to get approved within 12 months.

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Thanks.. perfect timing too as the (somewhat pricey) medical appointment was to be tomorrow morning.
Our situation isn't comfortably routine as we did just marry. But that comes after a lengthy relationship, years of which spent living together with excessive amounts of documentation, photographs, communications, and other relationship proof. I figure it's better to have too much than too little.
I'd happily accept any other relative advice you may have.

Thanks a ton!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Applying soon after marrying is fine, as long as you have had a reasonably long relationship beforehand.