+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting SIN Opening Account - Please help

hairscratcher

Oct 18, 2014
Guys,

I got my WP and moving to Canada end of January. Please advise on below question
1. I will be in Mississauga around square one. where do I go from there to get SIN?
2. What's the process to open a bank account?
3. Which banks are good (Considering I will need to transfer money into my Indian bank account)?
4. Are the any good websites to find a temporary (1 month) accommodation (furnished suites) at reasonable price?

Thank You In Advance!!!

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
hairscratcher said:
Guys,

I got my WP and moving to Canada end of January. Please advise on below question
1. I will be in Mississauga around square one. where do I go from there to get SIN?
3. Which banks are good (Considering I will need to transfer money into my Indian bank account)?
4. Are the any good websites to find a temporary (1 month) accommodation (furnished suites) at reasonable price?

Thank You In Advance!!!
Hi there.

1. You will need to visit Service Canada, the closest to that area is on 3085A Glen Erin Drive , Mississauga, Ontario. I would prove you the link but it seems I'm not allowed to on this site.
2. When you get your SIN, the process will be easier to open a bank account, I find banks are usually more skeptical to non residents.
3. BMO is great, and TD...I find those are the 2 major banks with branches everywhere. Banks in Canada have a minimum balance in the thousands, if you maintain that balance, you won't get changed a monthly service fee...so be aware.
4. Try airbnb dot com.

Hope this helps!

sy_123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi hairscratcher

TD Bank is best for you. You can start Chequing account with minimum balance 1000 and you can used only 8 transaction by using ATM. whenever you can change the transaction limit as 25 by keeping minimum balance $ 2500. you can use more than allowed transaction, and take money less then minimum balance by paying some little fees. That will deduct from your accout. Also you can start saving account with your chequing account altogeather. No fees for saving account.

If you like to find accomadation temporary or permanent use KIJIJI.CA you can find more accomadation from westwoodmall if the area is convinent for your working place

You can find service canada address by using your working address POSTAL CODE.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-srch.cgi?app=hme&ln=eng

you must carry all you have documents to open sin, bank account like your passport, work permit.

First you get sin. otherwise you cannot get salary. Then you open your bank account by using your pay strub (Cheque). Then you can get your medical card.

May be your employer will help you to get sin. So you keep your finger cross for few days. Don't ask with your some days about it.

Best of luck

hairscratcher said:
Guys,

Thank You In Advance!!!