+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Residency in Quebec

humi

Nov 18, 2007
Hi all,

I've been looking at the Quebec government webpage as well as Ontario's webpage also the cic.gc.ca but don't seem to find an answer for the following situation:

I had been living in Quebec for about 5 years before I met and married my wife however she is a resident from Ontario. we don't know much about immigration regulations, she's coming to live in Quebec because I'll need to finish my bachelor's and it's gonna take 2 more years so I wanted to get a Quebec residency but I received the landing papers and everything last week in Ontario where my wife lives. So should where should I go if I wanted to transfer my residency from Ontario to Quebec?

Thanks alot great forum by the way.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

humi said:
Hi all,

I've been looking at the Quebec government webpage as well as Ontario's webpage also the cic.gc.ca but don't seem to find an answer for the following situation:

I had been living in Quebec for about 5 years before I met and married my wife however she is a resident from Ontario. we don't know much about immigration regulations, she's coming to live in Quebec because I'll need to finish my bachelor's and it's gonna take 2 more years so I wanted to get a Quebec residency but I received the landing papers and everything last week in Ontario where my wife lives. So should where should I go if I wanted to transfer my residency from Ontario to Quebec?

Land in Ontario, then move to Quebec, it may not seem like it, but Quebec is still part of Canada.

PMM

humi

Nov 18, 2007
PMM said:
Hi

humi said:
Hi all,

Land in Ontario, then move to Quebec, it may not seem like it, but Quebec is still part of Canada.

PMM
Thanks, I already did both what you mentioned. What I want to get is the Quebec residency, and that includes paying quebec students rates, getting loans and bursaries and stuff. Where do you think I can go for this transferring issue? i mean my residency from ontario to quebec?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Getting a Quebec driver's liscence would be a first step. There is no such thing as a "Quebec department of residency." It isn't a seperate legal status outside of living there, once you have legal status in Canada. Universities may require you to have been a Quebec resident (i.e. live in Quebec) for a certain period of time prior to qualifying for in-province tuition rates, etc.