+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting pregnant after ITA

Anoop85

Sep 7, 2019
Me and my wife waited so long for a baby and also to get ITA. Now we got ITA on 4th sep and on very next day confirmed my wife's pregnancy. I appreciate if somebody could help me with informations on the below.
1. We took medical appointment next week. Is it safe to do medical now?
2.if medical get postponed after the child's birth, will it affect our crs and thus affect the received ITA, since the spouse ielts results expires within next 6 months?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Me and my wife waited so long for a baby and also to get ITA. Now we got ITA on 4th sep and on very next day confirmed my wife's pregnancy. I appreciate if somebody could help me with informations on the below.
2.if medical get postponed after the child's birth, will it affect our crs and thus affect the received ITA, since the spouse ielts results expires within next 6 months?
Check
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dealing-with-post-ita-pregnancy.529951/

Jul 29, 2019

1. it is a personal choice. I don't believe x-ray is safe for the fetus. You are the parents and must decide for your fetus.
What I would suggest:
  • You have to apply after the ITAs unless you are willing to let the ITAs expire.
  • Your wife can choose to do the medical exam. But if you choose not to do the x-ray, then she would have a medical deferral letter.
  • You submit the general letter in the place of the medical exam confirmation for the wife. When IRCC sees the file, it will put the applications on hold.
  • After the birth of the baby, you choose a time to complete the medical exams for both the wife and baby based on some factors.
  • Submit the medical letters and wait for results.

Jul 29, 2019
About if the x-ray is safe for the fetus, it is very controversial and hotly debated. No one will take responsibility and tell you what to do. YOU have to decide on your own for your baby.

My understanding of the validity of the documents is that your documents must be valid when you submit the application after the ITAs. If IRCC needs you to get new documents because of expirations after submissions, it will notify you.

Usually, your baby won't decrease your score. [There are some rare cases that the dependent won't be eligible.]

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The medical cannot be postponed. It must be completed before applying for PR. The x-ray portion can be deferred for pregnant applicants.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. it is a personal choice. I don't believe x-ray is safe for the fetus. You are the parents and must decide for your fetus.
What I would suggest:
  • You have to apply after the ITAs unless you are willing to let the ITAs expire.
  • Your wife can choose to do the medical exam. But if you choose not to do the x-ray, then she would have a medical deferral letter.
  • You submit the general letter in the place of the medical exam confirmation for the wife. When IRCC sees the file, it will put the applications on hold.
  • After the birth of the baby, you choose a time to complete the medical exams for both the wife and baby based on some factors.
  • Submit the medical letters and wait for results.
She cannot choose whether to do the medical. It must be done in order to apply for PR. She can choose to defer the x-ray.

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
We are in similar situation. Got ITA on 4th September. We are based in US and planning medical in last week of September. My understanding is that we will have to complete medical (minus x ray screening for wife). IRCC will differ wife’s x Ray date till pregnancy plus one month. We have to provide wife’s x Ray and Baby’s passport to IRCC during this extended time. We should get AOR like everyone else. Once we get AOR our IELTS date will be frozen i.e. we don’t have to worry about it’s expiry.

Reactions: Anoop85

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
We are in similar situation. Got ITA on 4th September. We are based in US and planning medical in last week of September. My understanding is that we will have to complete medical (minus x ray screening for wife). IRCC will differ wife’s x Ray date till pregnancy plus one month. We have to provide wife’s x Ray and Baby’s passport to IRCC during this extended time. We should get AOR like everyone else. Once we get AOR our IELTS date will be frozen i.e. we don’t have to worry about it’s expiry.
Hello,
Since I am unable to message you personally hope to get your response here.
I want to know how your file proceed? as I am in the similar situation as you were, I have submitted medicals without x-ray due to pregnancy, does other parts of my application like eligibility, background check etc. proceed as normal or everything will put on hold until delivery. Also what about expiration of some documents after AOR? will the expiration of any document due to this delay would impact our application/CRS score? When did you get biometrics request. SO SORRY for so many questions but would be really thankful if you reply .
TIA