+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting permanent residency after studies

Upesh07

Jun 20, 2017
Canada
Hi everyone,

Read many threads in this forum, felt great that I found a place where I can get help regarding the Canada immigration process.

I'm in Canada completing my studies, will finish by April end this year. I qualified as a Mechanical Engineer from India and have a 4 years work experience in technical and management field. Now in Canada completing my one year certification, later I will be getting Post Grad Work Permit for a year.
I will be writing the General IELTS exam here as soon as possible so that I can start with the Express Entry Procedures. My current CRS is coming around 419 (entered my academics IELTS bands to get an average CRS).
Consulted a lawyer/ registered immigration consultant regarding my profile for express entry, he said that I am eligible and have to go through academic IELTS and he will be doing all the documentation and Express Entry procedures for me. And for this he is asking me an amount of around $3500 CAD (Rs. 1,70,000).

I am not sure how to take it ahead, is it that tough and tangled that I should go with the consultants or I myself can do it. (means getting through all the procedures involved in Express Entry). Also being an International student it's not that easy to earn and save these much amount so that I can give.

Need help and support on this.

Thanking you all in advance. :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Read many threads in this forum, felt great that I found a place where I can get help regarding the Canada immigration process.

I'm in Canada completing my studies, will finish by April end this year. I qualified as a Mechanical Engineer from India and have a 4 years work experience in technical and management field. Now in Canada completing my one year certification, later I will be getting Post Grad Work Permit for a year.
I will be writing the General IELTS exam here as soon as possible so that I can start with the Express Entry Procedures. My current CRS is coming around 419 (entered my academics IELTS bands to get an average CRS).
Consulted a lawyer/ registered immigration consultant regarding my profile for express entry, he said that I am eligible and have to go through academic IELTS and he will be doing all the documentation and Express Entry procedures for me. And for this he is asking me an amount of around $3500 CAD (Rs. 1,70,000).

I am not sure how to take it ahead, is it that tough and tangled that I should go with the consultants or I myself can do it. (means getting through all the procedures involved in Express Entry). Also being an International student it's not that easy to earn and save these much amount so that I can give.

Need help and support on this.

Thanking you all in advance. :)
If he actually told you to do the academic IETLS I would definitely not pay a cent for his advice.

If you're willing to do your research then you'll see that you can do it all by yourself.

Reactions: bellaluna

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Academic IELTS does not work for Express Entry. You have to appear for General IELTS exam.

Reactions: Upesh07

Upesh07

Jun 20, 2017
Canada
If he actually told you to do the academic IELTS I would definitely not pay a cent for his advice.

If you're willing to do your research then you'll see that you can do it all by yourself.
Hi.
He asked me to attempt General IELTS, which I will be doing soon. But is it worth to go through consultants