+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married While CEC in Progress.

sekarchinna

Jul 22, 2013
Guys plz help me,

I applied CEC in Aug 26 2013, received AOR Oct 27 2012.

I got open WP till July 2015

Getting Married in January 2014.

Need to do ..

1. Update CEC with spouse name and chnage in status

Questions

1. Under what category do i have to apply to bring my spouse to Canada (Documents required)? How long does the process take?

I tried searching similar threads and saw some one asked the same question but not enough response. :(

Thank you for taking time to respond!!! GL to all!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
You include your spouse in your CEC applications, you don't have to select a new category other
than CEC.
When you're married, check the document checklist for required documents for your spouse and
submit those to CPP-O.

sekarchinna

Jul 22, 2013
Thanks Toby for quick reply! I understand the process of informing CPP-O to update my status and filling out additional forms for her under CEC.

But i'm wondering about the process to get her to Canada in the mean time, like temporary visa, tourist visa or dependant visa?? since i have open work permit till july 2015, is there anyway i can get her visa?

Thanks!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sekarchinna said:
Thanks Toby for quick reply! I understand the process of informing CPP-O to update my status and filling out additional forms for her under CEC.

But i'm wondering about the process to get her to Canada in the mean time, like temporary visa, tourist visa or dependant visa?? since i have open work permit till july 2015, is there anyway i can get her visa?

Thanks!!!
Since you have an open work permit, your spouse would be eligible for a spousal open work permit.
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp Scroll down to " If your spouse wants to work in Canada "