05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
Hello All,

I applied under Experiance Class and have recieved my Passport request last week. I will be sending my passport in a day or so. My fiance just came to Canada this week as she has a visitor Visa till 31st Dec 2015. She will be going back in July. We are planning to get married in December 2015 back home in India.

What options do I have so once we get married she comes with me to Canada.

What If I do court marriage here in Canada once I Cross the border and become a Permanent Resident?

How long does the spousal visa takes if I apply for her visa after december?

What are the chances she can get a visitor visa renewed (expiring 31st dec 2015)?

Please advice. I will be very thankful for any help

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
rishkataria said:
Hello All,

I applied under Experiance Class and have recieved my Passport request last week. I will be sending my passport in a day or so. My fiance just came to Canada this week as she has a visitor Visa till 31st Dec 2015. She will be going back in July. We are planning to get married in December 2015 back home in India.

What If I do court marriage here in Canada once I Cross the border and become a Permanent Resident?

What are the chances she can get a visitor visa renewed (expiring 31st dec 2015)?

Few options you have.. I might not have enough knowledge about these things.. But I have seen cases..

1. Once you get PR.. Get married in Canada.. I don't know your case.. But my friend got married their in and got registered in Canada.. But They both had families their in Canada. Due to our religion customs they ask for Wedding proof like real marriage photos but that is only when you are PR and you are calling non PR wife. If you did add her earlier with your PR file with Indian Marriage certificate case would be different.

2. Go back early and finish Marriage early . I guess its not possible option .. So that before her Visa gets expires you both come back and than being in Canada you apply for PR.

3. Student Visa is one option for here.. but I am not sure if you are ready for it..

I had the similar situation but in different way.. I was in Canada.. But I came back before applying PR.. I got married and than Applied PR with my wife..

I would suggest .. Talk to a lawyer ..

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
thank you for a quick reply Rostciraphel :)

rosticraphel said:
Few options you have.. I might not have enough knowledge about these things.. But I have seen cases..

1. Once you get PR.. Get married in Canada.. I don't know your case.. But my friend got married their in and got registered in Canada.. But They both had families their in Canada. Due to our religion customs they ask for Wedding proof like real marriage photos but that is only when you are PR and you are calling non PR wife. If you did add her earlier with your PR file with Indian Marriage certificate case would be different.
(I have been Living in canada since 2010 and will be getting PR in a month or less. If I get court marriage here in Canada and then sponsor her as a spouse do you know how long would it take (approximately). We have been in a relation since last 8 year and I have all the chats, pictures as a proof). I didnt have her added to the PR file because I was short of 10 hours when I applied under CEC (Showed in GCMS) so I was scared what if it gets rejected for both of us.)

2. Go back early and finish Marriage early . I guess its not possible option .. So that before her Visa gets expires you both come back and than being in Canada you apply for PR.

3. Student Visa is one option for here.. but I am not sure if you are ready for it.. (I am not considering this option)

I had the similar situation but in different way.. I was in Canada.. But I came back before applying PR.. I got married and than Applied PR with my wife.. (its not valid for me anymore :( )

I would suggest .. Talk to a lawyer ..

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
rishkataria said:
thank you for a quick reply Rostciraphel :)
You can find processing time for family sponsorship class here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

It's 26 months for in-land applicants. It varies for out-land applicants based on their respective visa offices. For India, it's looking at 18 months in total.

In your case, I would suggest once you obtained PR status in Canada, apply for your wife's spousal open work permit. I am not sure if you have to be in NOC 0AB job as a requirement.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
As far as I know you can add your spouse to your existing CEC application any time as long as you are not become landed immigrant. You have one way to get your spouse PR with you is do not send your passport to CPC and email them that you are getting married let say next month. They will put your file on hold until marriage. Once you married immediatly send all the form, upfront medical form and fees.

Thats the easiet and quickest way to get PR both of you together

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rishkataria said:

Note that a court marriage between Indians is a huge red flag for CIC, as it goes against the cultural norm of a big wedding.

Spousal sponsorship through New Delhi averages around a year.

A TRV cannot be renewed. She must apply for another one. However, a Canadian PR husband and a sponsorship app submitted means her chances of getting a TRV are fairly low.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CEC2013RAY said:
For India, it's looking at 18 months in total.

In your case, I would suggest once you obtained PR status in Canada, apply for your wife's spousal open work permit. I am not sure if you have to be in NOC 0AB job as a requirement.
The posted processing time is how long it took to process 80% of apps, not the total time for each applicant. The actual average for NDVO is around 1 year.

There is no work permit option for spouses of Canadian citizens/PRs unless they are concurrently applying for inland spousal sponsorship.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
alijumani said:
As far as I know you can add your spouse to your existing CEC application any time as long as you are not become landed immigrant. You have one way to get your spouse PR with you is do not send your passport to CPC and email them that you are getting married let say next month. They will put your file on hold until marriage. Once you married immediatly send all the form, upfront medical form and fees.

Alijumani,

How he can add his spouse in his application if he did not get married to her ?

Interesting.

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
Thanks for the suggestion Ali.. I was thinking about the same but do I have to go back home to get married or if I simply do a court marriage here that will work. as canuck_in_uk mentioned that doing a court marriage will be a kind of red flag because of the wedding culture and customs etc.

alijumani said:

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
Hello guys,

I spoke to one of the Lawyers here in Canada. He mentioned that If I apply my spouse file as an inland applicant then she can stay with me as she is already here in Canada with me. He mentioned that it takes longer time for inland application but she will get the OWP after the first stage approval. The drawback he told me is that she cannot leave the country.

Is it safe to apply as inland application or Outland is better?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
rishkataria said:
Thanks for the suggestion Ali.. I was thinking about the same but do I have to go back home to get married or if I simply do a court marriage here that will work. as canuck_in_uk mentioned that doing a court marriage will be a kind of red flag because of the wedding culture and customs etc.
you can do it here court marriage and provide the certificate to CPC. Do not forget to provide enough evidence of the marriage

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Do it now if you not pushed for time. From what I know, marriage after PR will mean you sponsor your wife which can be a lengthy process.

Shaadi ki Barbaadi???

rishkataria said:
Hello All,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rishkataria said:
I spoke to one of the Lawyers here in Canada. He mentioned that If I apply my spouse file as an inland applicant then she can stay with me as she is already here in Canada with me. He mentioned that it takes longer time for inland application but she will get the OWP after the first stage approval. The drawback he told me is that she cannot leave the country.

Is it safe to apply as inland application or Outland is better?
An inland application on its own does not give your wife the right to stay in Canada. She would need to submit an OWP app along with the PR app in order to maintain her status. OWPs are currently being granted about 4 months after submission, not after first stage approval.

The inland process is currently taking 2+ years, whereas outland through NDVO averages about a year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Amisnic said:
One way around the issue of your wife leaving the country and coming back at her leisure is her having a baby born in Canada (Canadian Citizen). If you make her pregnant soon then she can have the baby within a few months of coming here, then you apply inland, get OWP, have baby and you can go in and out as you please. Problem solved.
Having a baby in Canada will do absolutely NOTHING for a person's status. It doesn't give them any right to stay in Canada, nor does it give any right to come and go from Canada "as you please".

KavAgAv said:
Guys, I request you to take a stand against this sick guy Amisnic. Not only does he talk nonsense, but he is also getting abusive and flooding my inbox with abusive messages.

I dont know how to attach an image here, otherwise i would have pasted a snapshot of my inbox.
I suggest you report the abuse to the moderators.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Amisnic said:
Read my note properly pal and try to comprehend what I said, I did not say anything about a person's status. So why did you give me -1?
Your statement:

Amisnic said:
One way around the issue of your wife leaving the country and coming back at her leisure is her having a baby born in Canada (Canadian Citizen). If you make her pregnant soon then she can have the baby within a few months of coming here, then you apply inland, get OWP, have baby and you can go in and out as you please. Problem solved.
You are saying that having a baby in Canada will allow a person to leave and come back to Canada as they please, as if it grants them some status in Canada. This is wrong. And I didn't give you a -1 but thanks ever so much for giving me -1 for correcting your very horrible advice ::).