Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
dmcmullen said:
If we hide the fact she is really coming to see me and get married and we prepare in advance things such as her medical, criminal record and, any other things we need for me to sponsor her Will they not figure out what our intentions were at this time and cause us grief .
If she applies for a TRV and states she wants to go sightseeing, and doesn't mention you, she has a good chance to get the visa. If you then marry, the visa officer will most likely figure out what your intentions were, but won't care. She should not lie, though - if specifically asked if she has a boyfriend in Canada, she should tell the truth. She may not then get a TRV, but with enough proof she will leave Canada there is still hope.
There has been mention in different replies to this subject that during the sponsorship process you must show proof of your relationship or does this matter if you are already married.
A married couple must still prove their relationship is genuine and not just for immigration purposes.
In a nutshell I want to do this as an inland sponsorship knowing that extending a visa is a simple process and we will be together during the sponsorship process. She thinks we should marry during her visit and then return to China and do an outland sponsorship.We are concerned about how long this could take.
Will her application be processed in Beijing or in Hong Kong? If Beijing, go the outland route - Beijing has very fast processing times. If Hong Kong, inland might be better, because Hong Kong's processing times are well over one year. However, she would have to stay in Canada for the whole length of an inland application, and could not leave - if she leaves and can't get back in, the application will be forfeit.

Frida

Oct 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in a visa exempt country, my boyfriend is from Quebec. We've been togehter for three years and I've been to Canada twice before and I plan to go there again in May, but this time for 6 months and plan to return back home in October. We are getting married in June and I will apply for my PR outland, spend time with him until October, go back and then wait for the PR visa at home. Last year we made a stupid mistake and thought we can apply as "conjugal" and my medical exam is already done and "in the system", but we're not married yet...
When I will come to the customs I will have a photocopy of my bank account with me just in case, so they will see I have enough money for those 6 months in Canada. But this is my question and my big fear:
I have no bloody idea what is the right thing to say to the officer about my purpose of visit. It' all nice and lovely to say I will be visiting friends and taking time off (like I did twice before). BUT do you think it's possible I'm already in the system because of my medicals and the border officer can see that? What should I do, say? I'm afraid to say I have a Canadian boyfriend as they might get suspicious because I intend to stay there for 6 months and they might have doubts about my return. How do I prove I intend to go back home?
Thanks so much.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
We got married when my husband was on a tourist visa. It worked out perfectly. He has his PR now. Believe!

yhanby

Apr 12, 2012
Hi,

I just recently read your message with regards in planning for a same sex marriage in Canada, but your partner or i should say GF is in here in the Philippines. I would like to know if you already got married there in Canada with your GF.
What are the things to do to make it possible?

Actually we have the same scenario,. that's why i got interested when i read your message.

My GF is a lives in Canada and already a Canadian Citizen, where planning to get married there but we don't if how am i going to go there asap.

I would like to ask some advise if what did you do in regards to it.

Hoping for a response from you.

Thanks so much! :)

yhanby

Apr 12, 2012
Hi,

I just recently read your message with regards in planning for a same sex marriage in Canada, but your partner or i should say GF is in here in the Philippines. I would like to know if you already got married there in Canada with your GF.
What are the things to do to make it possible?

Actually we have the same scenario,. that's why i got interested when i read your message.

My GF is a lives in Canada and already a Canadian Citizen, where planning to get married there but we don't if how am i going to go there asap.

I would like to ask some advise if what did you do in regards to it.

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
Cleo, in your application did you mention that you planned on getting married?

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! it's really helpfull for us to read this forum because we quite have the same situation unless for 1 thing, I have a same sex relationship with my girlfriend in philippines. I am an immigrant here in canada and I just arrive after my college graduation last march 2012, before I leave me and my girlfriend planned to marry in a country wherein the same sex marriage is legal, then i found out that canada legalize this kind of marriage, my girlfriend planned to go here and apply for a tourist visa for the reason of marrying me without our parents consent, we want to hide our marriage because our parents are not agree with this kind of relationship but we are on a legal age and all we want is to be together either on Philippines or here in canada, depending on the situation that we could have, our marriage is not just because she wants to stay here for long but for us to live together legaly, and see each other, we also have proof that we have communication through social networking sites, we have pictures, and we can show call history that we communicate open. but just like the others in this forum said, i am afraid that they will refuse my girlfriends tourist visa application because they might think that she will not go back to the philippines. what is the best way we could do for this matter? she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! it's really helpfull for us to read this forum because we quite have the same situation unless for 1 thing, I have a same sex relationship with my girlfriend in philippines. I am an immigrant here in canada and I just arrive after my college graduation last march 2012, before I leave me and my girlfriend planned to marry in a country wherein the same sex marriage is legal, then i found out that canada legalize this kind of marriage, my girlfriend planned to go here and apply for a tourist visa for the reason of marrying me without our parents consent, we want to hide our marriage because our parents are not agree with this kind of relationship but we are on a legal age and all we want is to be together either on Philippines or here in canada, depending on the situation that we could have, our marriage is not just because she wants to stay here for long but for us to live together legaly, and see each other, we also have proof that we have communication through social networking sites, we have pictures, and we can show call history that we communicate open. but just like the others in this forum said, i am afraid that they will refuse my girlfriends tourist visa application because they might think that she will not go back to the philippines. what is the best way we could do for this matter? she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!

Kallis Lena

Sep 6, 2012
Hi just wondering how your plans went. Were you able to get married in Canada with your girlfriend on a TRV? We have a very similar situation. My son is/was planning on marrying his GF while she is her on a TRV. They had been waiting for her to finish school. She just got her diploma and is now a lawyer in her country. Needless to say they will not break any laws as she wants to continue her education here and practice. But she wants to finally be married to her love. Is there any way she can do that while she is here visiting?

Deyan

Sep 6, 2012
Hi,

My situation is a follows; Little more then a month ago i was in my home country of Bulgaria, and met up with girl i would like to be with and eventually marry. I got back to Canada a month ago and we have been in constant contact. So we decided, for her to apply for a TRV, so she can come here to Canada, see how things are and so on. She has applied for the tourist visa and is currently waiting on the outcome. So my question is when she comes here on the TRV and we do decide to get married. What would be the best alternative, for us to take for least amount of suspicion? Should we get married in Canada and submit the documentation from in-country. Or, wait until her visit is over, and when she get's back to Bulgaria, for me to take time of work and fly back and get married there. I have been a Citizen of Canada for coming on 11 years now, and i have never sponsored anyone, for any reason in that time frame.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Deyan said:
Hi,

My situation is a follows; Little more then a month ago i was in my home country of Bulgaria, and met up with girl i would like to be with and eventually marry. I got back to Canada a month ago and we have been in constant contact. So we decided, for her to apply for a TRV, so she can come here to Canada, see how things are and so on. She has applied for the tourist visa and is currently waiting on the outcome. So my question is when she comes here on the TRV and we do decide to get married. What would be the best alternative, for us to take for least amount of suspicion? Should we get married in Canada and submit the documentation from in-country. Or, wait until her visit is over, and when she get's back to Bulgaria, for me to take time of work and fly back and get married there. I have been a Citizen of Canada for coming on 11 years now, and i have never sponsored anyone, for any reason in that time frame.
Hey,

When you say TRV you are referring to a temporary residents visa and not a tourist visa? With a quick romance I would make sure you document everything as soon as possible , gathering as much evidence as you can with regards to your relationship. A short relationship with a marriage after will raise red flags. Also when/if you get married make sure that Canada acknowledges a Bulgarian marriage licence if you do decide to get married there. A short relationship may or may not raise enough red flags to invoke the interview process so the more hard facts and documentational proof you have the better.

Good luck :D

Deyan

Sep 6, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

When you say TRV you are referring to a temporary residents visa and not a travel visa? With a quick romance I would make sure you document everything as soon as possible , gathering as much evidence as you can with regards to your relationship. A short relationship with a marriage after will raise red flags. Also when/if you get married make sure that Canada acknowledges a Bulgarian marriage licence if you do decide to get married there. A short relationship may or may not raise enough red flags to invoke the interview process so the more hard facts and documentational proof you have the better.

I do mean a tourist visa, not a TRV then... my mistake.

So considering the time frame which is in fact quite short. It would seem that best alternative would be, to wait until her visit to Canada end's and we get married in Bulgaria.. I know a few people who did the process of getting married in Bulgaria and bringing their spouse over. I was unclear that it would raise red flags if we get married in Canada while she is visiting.

Thank you for the impute.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Deyan said:
I do mean a tourist visa, not a TRV then... my mistake.

So considering the time frame which is in fact quite short. It would seem that best alternative would be, to wait until her visit to Canada end's and we get married in Bulgaria.. I know a few people who did the process of getting married in Bulgaria and bringing their spouse over. I was unclear that it would raise red flags if we get married in Canada while she is visiting.

Thank you for the impute.
A short relationship will raise 1 or 2 red flags, the obvious question they will pose is why did you get married so soon. I got married whilst being on a tourist visa like what you are planning. As long as Canada recognises a Bulgarian marriage certificate then either getting married in Canada or Bulgaria works. If you are well prepared, well documented then I don't think it should be a problem at all. Just try to keep hold of all call records to each other, all messenger logs (if you use messenger), receipts for any gifts you buy each other, photo's of you 2 together, cards and any other things you obtain whilst you 2 are in your relationship as this will tell the Visa office your own personal story and how much you love each other.

Kallis Lena

Sep 6, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
When you say TRV you are referring to a temporary residents visa and not a tourist visa? .... Also when/if you get married make sure that Canada acknowledges a Bulgarian marriage licence if you do decide to get married there.
A tourist visa and temporary residence visa are the same thing. Canada does not offer tourist visas anymore. If you come as a tourist, your visa says temporary visitor visa.

Canada recognizes marriages from everywhere in the world as long as they are legal in the country they were preformed in. You need your marriage certificate to prove you are married and in most cases it needs to be translated by a legalized translator.

I hope I did the quote thing right...I am new to this site.

mapia

Oct 18, 2012
Hi all

My partner and I applied for Quebec skilled worker program, unfortunately he was rejected but I got my PR, now I am living in Canada and willing to marry him. He lives in UK and due to many reasons I can not travel there for one month for our marriage, I was searching for any marriage visa type in Canada and I didn't find this type of visa. how is this possible for him to travel here and under what type of visa he can come over for our marriage?
Please help me since it's a big issue for us.

Thanks