+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married in Canada as an International Student

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys,
I would like to ask some big help. I'm currently in my 5th month as an International Student here in Canada and it will end on September 2019. They say I can process my work permit for 1 year also after I finish my studies.
My problem is that I have a girlfriend in my home country and she will be here through tourist Visa. We want to get married here in Canada while she's here.

How long will it take to process my work permit after my studies?
Can we process my soon to be wife's work permit as my dependent?

Thank you very much for your time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,
I would like to ask some big help. I'm currently in my 5th month as an International Student here in Canada and it will end on September 2019. They say I can process my work permit for 1 year also after I finish my studies.
My problem is that I have a girlfriend in my home country and she will be here through tourist Visa. We want to get married here in Canada while she's here.

How long will it take to process my work permit after my studies?
Can we process my soon to be wife's work permit as my dependent?

Thank you very much for your time
Hi

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You must be married. You can apply for her work permit while you are a student. After you finish your studies, you must have a NOC A, B or 0 job with 3 payslips for her to be able to apply for a work permit based on your PGWP.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You must be married. You can apply for her work permit while you are a student. After you finish your studies, you must have a NOC A, B or 0 job with 3 payslips for her to be able to apply for a work permit based on your PGWP.
Thank you very much for your time :) She is planning to visit Canada on February 2019, and we will get married by the same month or on March. Do you have an idea if we can process her work permit on let's say April or May so she won't have to return to our home country? :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for your time :) She is planning to visit Canada on February 2019, and we will get married by the same month or on March. Do you have an idea if we can process her work permit on let's say April or May so she won't have to return to our home country? :(
She can apply once you have the marriage certificate.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello guys, Please a very urgent and important question if any of you guys can help me on this!!!

I m here on study permit and I I came on Jan 2018.
I took summer 2018 off and winter 2019 semester off ( because I got married in April, last month).
Now I dont want to study right now and continue my studies after I become PR to save money on fees.

Can you suggest what can be done.

My study permit expires on November 30 2019 ( in 6 months) And my wife is applying for my Spousal PR application and I heard I can apply for an OPW as well. If I apply how long will I get the OPW for ?

And Iknow PR applications take time. Shall I extend my study permit so I have an status and they will extend me another year since I have two more semesters left. and then apply for OPW . OPW takes about 4-5 months right ?

What are the ways or suggestions I can take and should do at this point please advise. @canuck_in_uk @scylla , all the expert members please anyone can help me! Thanks!

Parth Chauhan

Jan 16, 2019
Hello guys, Please a very urgent and important question if any of you guys can help me on this!!!

I took summer 2018 off and winter 2019 semester off ( because I got married in April, last month).
Now I dont want to study right now and continue my studies after I become PR to save money on fees.

My study permit expires on November 30 2019 ( in 6 months) And my wife is applying for my Spousal PR application and I heard I can apply for an OPW as well. If I apply how long will I get the OPW for ?

And Iknow PR applications take time. Shall I extend my study permit so I have an status and they will extend me another year since I have two more semesters left. and then apply for OPW . OPW takes about 4-5 months right ?

What are the ways or suggestions I can take and should do at this point please advise. @canuck_in_uk @scylla , all the expert members please anyone can help me! Thanks!

hey did you find any solutions , i am looking for something similar ..!

123dan

Jun 10, 2019

Did you find a solution for this