+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after receiving COPR

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hii congrats for golden email . you was inland or outland applicant? Nd when did your medical got expired? My medicals also expired last week. When i can expect redo request ?
I'm an outland applicant. My medical got expired on 05 April 2019 but I got the request for remedial on 14 August 2019.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
My medical expired also. I submitted spouse documents on may 1st. No updates so far. I suppose they extend medical for inland applicants. Not sure
I'm not sure about inland applicants. But for me it took exactly 6 months for IRCC to complete the verification of my spouse documents and to ask my re-medical. If you are outland applicant I would say your process will be completed by month of November 2019 provided all the documents are clear but as you are inland I'm not sure.

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
I'm not sure about inland applicants. But for me it took exactly 6 months for IRCC to complete the verification of my spouse documents and to ask my re-medical. If you are outland applicant I would say your process will be completed by month of November 2019 provided all the documents are clear but as you are inland I'm not sure.
Yeah cann't do anything rather than waiting

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Hi I am in the same situation, I am wondering if I need to notify cic before I land. How did it go for you?
You should definitely notify before you attempt to land. My wife could do her landing before our wedding. So, I didn’t have to worry about it

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Anyone has any information related to such situation please do share.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Anyone has any information related to such situation please do share.
Trying to land on your COPR was a bad idea. It was no longer valid. You will just have to wait and see what they say.

Apr 16, 2019
How can I go about declaring to CIC if I am a PR in Canada (for over a year) and I get married to someone who is in the final stages of getting PPR. I decide to come back home, get married and fly together in about 15 days. Considering that my partner will get her COPR before marriage according to the expected timeline. should my partner NOT declare anything to CIC and land in Canada, where we can do a registered Court marriage?
I m scared with the slow processing times and don't want to screw anything.

If anyone can please provide their valuable inputs it would be a great help.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys, a new update on my case. I have met the immigration officer on 15th Oct and found out that he had no updates on file from ircc. So he has asked me to come back on 6th Nov. Now I am thinking of flying back to India and complete all my process from there. Will ircc have any problem with this? As I have already landed and my application status says "my documents have expired". Anyone has any information on this, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys, a new update on my case. I have met the immigration officer on 15th Oct and found out that he had no updates on file from ircc. So he has asked me to come back on 6th Nov. Now I am thinking of flying back to India and complete all my process from there. Will ircc have any problem with this? As I have already landed and my application status says "my documents have expired". Anyone has any information on this, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.
I would suggest you not to complicate things more by traveling to India. Meet the immigration officer on the mentioned date and decide. If you are lucky enough, they might ask you to opt for sponsorship program, but I'm not sure about that because I haven't heard anyone with similar case.

Reactions: ruchikathakur16