+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married after AOR!

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
Hello.

I got my AOR on 15th December 2019. Currently, my profile says Medical Passed. I have also gone for my Biometrics and that has been updated on my profile. My profile says that background check is under process.
My question is: I am getting married this month (February 2019). If I send in a request to IRCC to update my profile and attach all required documents of my wife:
1. Will my points be recalculated? (I am post AOR)
2. If not, will this cause a considerable delay in my process? (more than 5 months)
3. Can adding my spouse at this stage, cause any negative impact on my immigration process?

I can very easily provide proof of the wedding (wedding pictures, conversations etc), proof of funds can be updated without a problem.
I have heard on various forums that according to section 11.2, my points will be recalculated which is a big concern for me. I would like to get a clear answer from someone who has experienced this process or is knowledgeable. I hope this helps out others as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Hello.

I got my AOR on 15th December 2019. Currently, my profile says Medical Passed. I have also gone for my Biometrics and that has been updated on my profile. My profile says that background check is under process.
My question is: I am getting married this month (February 2019). If I send in a request to IRCC to update my profile and attach all required documents of my wife:
1. Will my points be recalculated? (I am post AOR)
2. If not, will this cause a considerable delay in my process? (more than 5 months)
3. Can adding my spouse at this stage, cause any negative impact on my immigration process?

I can very easily provide proof of the wedding (wedding pictures, conversations etc), proof of funds can be updated without a problem.
I have heard on various forums that according to section 11.2, my points will be recalculated which is a big concern for me. I would like to get a clear answer from someone who has experienced this process or is knowledgeable. I hope this helps out others as well.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Brother,
Any update on ur query. I am kind of in a similar boat...

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
Hi M. Rameez

I discussed the topic with a few experts and then raised a CSE form.
I just wrote in the webform that I have been married, and that I would like to change my marital status and also bring my spouse along for PR.
I attached a scanned copy of my marriage certificate along with the we

Reactions: PaulaZanello

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Hi M. Rameez

I just wrote in the webform that I have been married, and that I would like to change my marital status and also bring my spouse along for PR.
Appreciated. Thanks!

PaulaZanello

May 5, 2019
I'm also on the same boat. Just sent them a message (webform) together with my marriage certificate. They sent me a list of documents in order to include my husband on the application (as follows). You'll have 30 days to send all documents.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms: Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669; Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.
4. Documents: Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate; Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport; If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate; If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.
5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached to their e-mail).
7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).
8. Medical certificate

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
I'm also on the same boat. Just sent them a message (webform) together with my marriage certificate. They sent me a list of documents in order to include my husband on the application (as follows). You'll have 30 days to send all documents.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms: Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669; Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.
4. Documents: Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate; Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport; If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate; If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.
5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached to their e-mail).
7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).
8. Medical certificate
Hello, any news since then? I shall be marrying on the 26th of July. I submitted biometrics on the 15th of July.

sentieh

Jan 14, 2019
Hello, any news since then? I shall be marrying on the 26th of July. I submitted biometrics on the 15th of July.
Fsw outland CAMEROOON
I got married on November 12th and submitted additional documents of spouse requested by cic on 22nd April 2019 waiting for spouse biometric

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Fsw outland CAMEROOON
I got married on November 12th and submitted additional documents of spouse requested by cic on 22nd April 2019 waiting for spouse biometric
Thanks for the info, I'll appreciate if I can learn more. Can we be in touch via whatsapp? My number: 675835030

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi M. Rameez

Did you renew passport with spouse details on it?

kaspermethen

Dec 19, 2019
Hi M. Rameez

Hi. Just wanted to check, is it necessary that you scan the marriage certificate immediately when you raise the CSE? or can it be uploaded later with the other documents. I'm asking for cases where the customary marriage comes first, and then later the formal process of registering the marriage at a court of law from which you get the certificate.